Stuck on Android 2.2?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by Progfather, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Progfather

Progfather New Member

Hello everyone. I'm fairly new here and I figured this would be a good place to come and ask for some help regarding my Droid 2.

Recently I've learned about the 2.3 update (Gingerbread). My brother installed it on his Droid 2 as it prompted him to install it apparently. Every time I try to check for updates, it says that there are none available.

I'm not sure what I am supposed to do, but I have been having a lot of problems with my Droid 2, such as my screen not working right when it appears to get too hot. (It practically has a mind of its own when I am able to unlock it, then if I can't unlock it, I can't even use the power button. I'm hoping this new update fixes a few of my issues, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to even install it! :angry:
  2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

I did not receive the update for GB upgrade either. Every time I went to settings, about phone and looked for updates, I was told "not available, check later". So, i went googling, and the basics of what I found was to turn on WIFI, and then go to settings, about phone and then check for updates. I did this and "boom" it said update was available and do I want to download it. I did and it installed.

To save time, if you have rooted your phone, a simple unrooting will not work to install the update. I had to SBF back to stock before the update would work. If you have not rooted the phone, the install should work the first time.
  3. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Search tags for this page
android stuck on 2.2

droid incredible stuck on 2.2

droid stuck on 2.2
htc incredible stuck on 2.2
htc incredible stuck on 2.2 says

incredible stuck on 2.2

my android 2.2 stuck in logo
my htc is stuck on android 2.2
phone/stuck/on/android/2.2.2