Stuck on 1X? How to get 3G back

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by wakestrong, Apr 27, 2011.

1. cholulagirl

cholulagirl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just got off the phone with verizon. use this phone for work (I'm an attorney) and specifically bought the thunderbolt less than two weeks ago just for that purpose. I've been stuck on 1X and/or without a network connection AT ALL since about 6 a.m. the first customer service rep I talked to basically told me to f%$# off and that she had no idea when the network would be restored. the second one told me they would issue me a day's worth of service credit to my account. it's worth a shot if you guys want to try calling. I'm pretty annoyed, I work a LOT on the go downloading documents/accessing engineering reports on remote ftp servers and I can't do anything with this phone right now but talk on it, it's just impossibly slow. I'm in Denver, for reference. the first customer service rep tried to blame it on storms in the area LOL, um, I don't think so...

2. sincitygrrrl1

sincitygrrrl1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1X here in Boston, phone calls, texts & emails are working and I can still get online, just slower..

3. TheTyler0013

TheTyler0013 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was in the middle of streaming a movie on my xbox and BAM went to 1X i freaked out thinking i was being throttled or something cuz my data usage is about 17GB this month, but after reading this THANK GOD! I am no longer freaked out. I just hope its resolved soon.

4. Elib85ac

Elib85ac New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    easy fix using LTE OnOff to get 3G up

IF you do have the LTE OnOff app downloaded just set the network type to CDMA auto (PRL) this worked for me right away, hope 4G gets fixed soon though. (Los Angeles area)

5. TheTyler0013

TheTyler0013 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am in middle TN also and it is still down.

6. cholulagirl

cholulagirl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the LTE on/off app and it didn't seem to make a difference when I tried that...although I seem to be one of the few that is randomly getting literally NO network connection from time to time on here so far. my texts aren't even working half the time, and when is working I am on 1x only...

7. badmeat

badmeat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still down in Cincinnati.

No 3g or 4g even while switching things on/off in 'LTE on/off' app. VZW said there's an outage and no ETA of when it will be fixed.....ugh!

8. UAV online

UAV online New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's a nifty app. Thanks for the heads up.

Note however that the current outage is affecting LTE (4G) and eHPRD (3G), so those of us in the outage area who want any 3G connection must disable eHPRD mode, as in Step 1 in the OP:

Then you can use either the Phone Info or LTE OnOff app to set the preferred network type to CDMA auto (PRL) to maintain a steady 3G connection, i.e. to keep the phone from cycling through its options and thereby temporarily dropping the connection. And once the LTE network is back online, you can set it back to CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto.

I'm not sure the benefit of eHPRD, so I'm not sure why I'd want to turn it back on ever again.

See above.

I know how you feel. I've had my own struggles with Verizon store employees, customer service and tech support.

I think you'll find that (like it or not) none of those people know any more about the phones, networks, etc than you do. You will have much more success finding solutions to your problems on forums like this than calling and asking one of these "warm bodies" for help. The only good reason I can think of to step foot into a Verizon store is either to play with the new phones or get a warranty exchange---which, fortunately, the reps are ready, willing, and able to do. And unless you have a billing question, calling 611 for tech support is at best an exercise in futility.

Just my two cents.

#92 UAV online, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  9. ninefall

ninefall Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The 3G hack killed my text messaging. As soon as I switched back to eHPRD I got 10 texts. Weird. Guess Im stuck on 1X til its fixed. Anyone else have that problem?

10. 5280TBOLT

5280TBOLT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I apologize but I am new to all of this.

Woke up this morning to a 1x and figured it had something to do with the juice defender app I loaded before bed last night (told you I'm a noob). So I uninstalled it and restarted my phone and still nothing. I got that Phone Info app and switched to CDMA auto (PRL) but that didn't help either. I am in eastern Washington and outside of a the 4G coverage area but my coworker has a Droid 1 and is on 3G right now??

Any help would be appreciated??

11. ninefall

ninefall Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Read this thread. All your questions are answered already.

12. camaroguy41208

Ratings:
    +0
    Just follow what it says to do in the very first post of this thread. It works great.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Search tags for this page
how to change 1x to 3g
how to get 3g back on android
htc thunderbolt 1x
htc thunderbolt only getting 1x
htc thunderbolt stuck on 1x
phone stuck on 1x
thunderbolt 1x

thunderbolt stuck in 1x

thunderbolt stuck on 1x

verizon 1x