Stuck on 1X? How to get 3G back

MadScientist

Reaction score
Just to let u guys know if you did it the original way and only changed it to rev a then you can still get 4G. I did it and got 4G just fine on my trip last week.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Zman44

Reaction score
As of 12:55PM, I am in PA and still showing 1x...... I have attempted many things to no evail. Guess I will have to wait and see.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I can't even send texts right now... I can receive them though :(

urklegrue

Reaction score
As of 12:55PM, I am in PA and still showing 1x...... I have attempted many things to no evail. Guess I will have to wait and see.

I am in PA too. I followed the instructions in the first post and 3G is back. I am not in a 4G area though, if that makes a difference.

astang99

Reaction score
I followed the instructions for the 3g hack, can't live without my 3g, lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

cholulagirl

Reaction score
thank goodness, I had to uninstall/reinstall swype this morning and I never could get it to do a complete download...kept stalling out, that's when I noticed I was stuck on 1X and thought maybe the swype beta had jacked my phone...anyone have any word from verizon on how long this is going to last???

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
Maiiiiinnnnn everything was fine with 3g until I turned off my phone last night and turned it on this mourning I was stuck on 1x and still am . I was about to post a new topic on this until I seen this , so how long had this been goin on?
I'm located in Rialto CA

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt !

rebel541

Reaction score
Middle Tennessee is still down, and I was in Bowling Green, KY this morning and had no 4g or 3g service there either. We had a tornado on the ground just south of Nashville an hour ago or so, so I wouldn't be surprised if I don't have 4g for a day or two.

cholulagirl

Reaction score
just got off the phone with verizon. use this phone for work (I'm an attorney) and specifically bought the thunderbolt less than two weeks ago just for that purpose. I've been stuck on 1X and/or without a network connection AT ALL since about 6 a.m. the first customer service rep I talked to basically told me to f%$# off and that she had no idea when the network would be restored. the second one told me they would issue me a day's worth of service credit to my account. it's worth a shot if you guys want to try calling. I'm pretty annoyed, I work a LOT on the go downloading documents/accessing engineering reports on remote ftp servers and I can't do anything with this phone right now but talk on it, it's just impossibly slow. I'm in Denver, for reference. the first customer service rep tried to blame it on storms in the area LOL, um, I don't think so...

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
1X here in Boston, phone calls, texts & emails are working and I can still get online, just slower..

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
I was in the middle of streaming a movie on my xbox and BAM went to 1X i freaked out thinking i was being throttled or something cuz my data usage is about 17GB this month, but after reading this THANK GOD! I am no longer freaked out. I just hope its resolved soon.

Elib85ac

Reaction score
easy fix using LTE OnOff to get 3G up

IF you do have the LTE OnOff app downloaded just set the network type to CDMA auto (PRL) this worked for me right away, hope 4G gets fixed soon though. (Los Angeles area)

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
Middle Tennessee is still down, and I was in Bowling Green, KY this morning and had no 4g or 3g service there either. We had a tornado on the ground just south of Nashville an hour ago or so, so I wouldn't be surprised if I don't have 4g for a day or two.

I am in middle TN also and it is still down.

cholulagirl

Reaction score
I have the LTE on/off app and it didn't seem to make a difference when I tried that...although I seem to be one of the few that is randomly getting literally NO network connection from time to time on here so far. my texts aren't even working half the time, and when is working I am on 1x only...