1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Stuck in Limbo

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by doktabl4ck, Jun 14, 2010.

1. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

I rooted my droid a few weeks back, but never got the superuser permissions like the guide said I would. So I used the nandroid back up I created to go back to stock then did a factory reset again in stock to be sure I was back at the "out of the box" OS. Well I went to re-root my droid again, but when I went to install the update.zip I got and am still getting the error that "No such file/directory exists on /sdcard Install aborted." I have already tried to the guide root to unroot and I still get the same error. I even tried using and flashing back to 2.0.1 and re-rooting that way and it failed as well. I also went back to 2.0.1 then updated to 2.1 and tried to re-flash this way, and still I get the same error. It seems there might be a problem with the SD card taking all the information and holding. There were quite a few times after moving the right files over to my SD card that I received an error on my computer stating that most of the files were lost in the transfer :icon_evil:. When this happened I uninstalled the driver software I had for the phone for each time I did an OS flash to remedy this issue :). With all this said is there any way for me to go back to that "out of the box OS" and root without getting this error. I spoke with a guy here at work and he mentioned something about blowing the old OS back on to the phone. Whether he was talking about flashing or whatever. I NEED ME SOME HELP! I would like to overclock my cpu and maybe add a custom rom but this is really hindering my process. I would really appreciate the assistance.