stuck in limbo

DJxPanda

Reaction score
Hey so i tried to SBF back to froyo, but i bootlooped. i pulled the battery and tried to go into recovery, but now its coming up saying

"Code corrupt

Battery Low

Cannot Program"

and my phones been on the charger for a good hour and a half... any ideas?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Had the exact same issue about a month ago... a whole thread on this site with my big issues regarding that... But to save you the trouble, I have to say, there's nothing you can do without a charged battery, and the battery won't charge unless it can boot into Android (be it a custom ROM or stock). So you can leave it on the charger, but I guarantee the phone won't charge.... Unless you can get into clockwork recovery and install a ROM or get a charged battery from a friend/ Verizon / your friend, Verizon, then you have a nice paperweight.

I keep a spare battery nowadays and it serves as peace of mind, should such a thing happen again. And I can almost guarantee that if you buy a battery from Verizon, be it extended or stock, it should be charged enough to perform an sbf.

On a different note, it's totally ridiculous that the phone will not sbf unless charged, we certainly aren't the only ones this fatal flaw has pwned....

Anyway, best of luck to ya.

timelord

Reaction score
The battery can't charge in bootloader mode. Never SBF with a battery at less than 80%

OP
D

DJxPanda

Reaction score
ok well i found a fully charged battery, but its still not booting up

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Pull the battery, put it back in (with it UNPLUGGED from the charger) and then hold power + volume down + camera (red) button until you see the screen "flash" with the backlight, then let go and it should be in "rsd mode".

OP
D

DJxPanda

Reaction score
update i got it to boot up. now i was using my friends battery. i got it to boot up to the little droid when u first activate your phone. but then i turned off my phone and gave him back his battery. i put my own batter back in. it should charge now correct?

prince1071

Reaction score
I've had similar problems...I can get into "RSD" mode or the boot loader, whatever you call it...and RSD recognizes my phone but it keeps saying "FAIL" when I hit start. I've tried several different downloads and RSD only allows the ".340 Full" file to be used. I cant get into recovery mode either, to do a wipe....it only goes as far as the yellow exclamaition but wont go into recovery when I hit the "search" button...

prince1071

Reaction score
After some serious trouble shooting and finally installing RSD on a Win XP pc....I got it back to life!

madjokeer

Reaction score
After some serious trouble shooting and finally installing RSD on a Win XP pc....I got it back to life!

+1.. i had to revert to my old xp 32-bit machine.. after RDS builds the files to flash.. it will fail but the second time flash (without closing RDS and just pressing start again) it always passes.. so i guess the trick would be start RDS let it unpack the files to flash and then disconnect and make it fail.. reboot the phone to where you can RDS.. and connect it to the PC again and click start on RDS