Stuck in landscape after screen replacement.

tryptech

Reaction score
So I had recently broken the glass on my droid. I upgrade in 2 months and didn't want to deal with the broken glass near my face so I ordered a replacement digitizer and front housing (since mine was really dinged up). Long story short, I took it apart, swapped the front and the glass, put it back together and turned it on.

It worked perfectly... up until it booted. The lock screen showed up for half a second in portrait and switched over to landscape. Every app that works in landscape will only show in landscape. I think that it thinks the keyboard is out because the keys still light up even when they're in, and because I can't get the virtual keyboard to show.

I don't know exactly what triggers the keyboard on the droid but if someone knows, that would be a HUGE help.

OP
tryptech

tryptech

Reaction score
Alright, found a fix. Well, sort of. I went and flashed PE v6 onto my phone and amazingly, gingerbread allows for portrait with the keyboard open. The only problem that comes up occasionally is the phone being stuck in landscape, although that's nothing a quick reboot doesn't fix