1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Stuck in clockworkmod recovery

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kfan, Dec 11, 2010.

1. kfan

kfan New Member

Hi folks,

I have the Droid1 and tried installing the gingerbread keyboard using clockworkmod by applying the zip. Alas something went wrong and now I can't get past the "M". Fortunately I can get to ClockworkMod Recovery... Unfortunately, my backups were made using SPRecovery. I've transfered those folders over to the folder

clockwordmod\backup

However, when I try to restore, I get the message

"Error while restoring /system/!"

Any ideas what I can do now? I'm guessing there may be some way to re-flash SPRecovery and restore it through there, but I'm totally not proficient in Linux or anything with this stuff really... Please help! Thanks!
  2. kfan

kfan New Member

Fixed! Simply cleared cache, system, boot, etc and applied a clean update.zip which allowed me to get past the boot screen. Then flashed SPRecovery through ROM Manager and recovered my backup :). Thanks guys.
Search tags for this page

clockword mod recovery error while restoring /system!

droid x stuck in clockworkmod recovery