Stuck in bootloop AND power button broken

newson

Reaction score
Ok. Here's the problem. I'm stuck in a bootloop after rebooting with ROM Manager (Clockwork) and I can't get out. To make matters worse, my Power button doesn't work, so I can't get to recovery. Just to annoy me further, RSD Lite won't recognize the device. Any help to try to fix this issue would be GREATLY appreciated.

OP
N

newson

Reaction score
Ok. Here's the problem. I'm stuck in a bootloop after rebooting with ROM Manager (Clockwork) and I can't get out. To make matters worse, my Power button doesn't work, so I can't get to recovery. Just to annoy me further, RSD Lite won't recognize the device. Any help to try to fix this issue would be GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited:

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
You are going to need to use battery pulls and plugging phone into a power source to turn phone off and on.

1. Pull battery to turn it off.
2. Put battery back in.
3. Hold X down to get into recovery
4. Plug USB into phone while still holding down button from step 3

Alternatively, in step 3 if you have lost recovery, you can hold up on the directional pad (toward screen) to get into bootloader. And then you can flash an .sbf, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html <-- recovery only .sbfs all 3 can be found there. You should be able to repair your recovery using that, and then restore a backup.

Neil1979

Reaction score
You are going to need to use battery pulls and plugging phone into a power source to turn phone off and on.

1. Pull battery to turn it off.
2. Put battery back in.
3. Hold X down to get into recovery
4. Plug USB into phone while still holding down button from step 3

Alternatively, in step 3 if you have lost recovery, you can hold up on the directional pad (toward screen) to get into bootloader. And then you can flash an .sbf, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html <-- recovery only .sbfs all 3 can be found there. You should be able to repair your recovery using that, and then restore a backup.

Great advice! I have had to do this several times, seems like most everything I download from rom manager is getting stuck in bootloop now.. If it keeps it up I may try wipeing my phone back to stock again..