Stuck in Bootloader

remarsh2003

Reaction score
i was trying to do the sfb back to 2.1 to unroot my phone now its would let me out of Bootloader i tried doing it over again and still the some thing can anyone plzs help me

scubieman

Reaction score
i was trying to do the sfb back to 2.1 to unroot my phone now its would let me out of Bootloader i tried doing it over again and still the some thing can anyone plzs help me

If you got 2.2 on your phone you can not flash back to 2.1. You need 2.2 sbf.

CODModder

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I have the droid 2; rooted with z4; wifi hotspot hacked; and thats where I stopped. This past saturday my phone died and when i got it home and charged I went to turn it on.... It started fine then couldnt get past screen after bootscreen after the Motorola M. Last night I re-flashed the stock roms using RSD Lite and it passed after i finally figured out the drivers and such. Still a no go on the loading, im losing it right now because i dont have my phone.

Asurion said since its cracked (has been for like a month) it voids the warranty so i figured i'll just mod it. Is it a hardware issure? I can use my rebate from them to buy one for $100 till august but I would lose all my stuff.

Anybody have an idea on what to do? Im still a n00b but i can figure out most things.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Asurion is insurance. Why wouldn't they cover a damaged screen?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

CODModder

Reaction score
I called Asurion for the bootloader screen, they said that the cracked screen voided their warranty.

Anyways I did a factory wipe of all data because I was getting pissed and I was in a bad mood. The phone is fixed since. I wiped, I re activated it and all I need to do is download all my apps again. Thank god it saved my pics and music! Im on the fence.about re rooting her just to be safe, and I cant remember what method I used to re flash but if you want to know I could go on my computer bookmarks and find it later, sorry guys... Thanks for the replies anyway

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I called Asurion for the bootloader screen, they said that the cracked screen voided their warranty.

Anyways I did a factory wipe of all data because I was getting pissed and I was in a bad mood. The phone is fixed since. I wiped, I re activated it and all I need to do is download all my apps again. Thank god it saved my pics and music! Im on the fence.about re rooting her just to be safe, and I cant remember what method I used to re flash but if you want to know I could go on my computer bookmarks and find it later, sorry guys... Thanks for the replies anyway

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

There is no "warranty" with Asurion. I think you're mixing up "warranty" and "insurance."

CODModder

Reaction score
Yeah I was mixing that up. My bad, but i called them in the first place because of the bootloader issue. It would have been covered had the phone not been cracked, thats their reason for not replacing the phone, it could have been damaged from the fall. Which it wasnt.

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I was mixing that up. My bad, but i called them in the first place because of the bootloader issue. It would have been covered had the phone not been cracked, thats their reason for not replacing the phone, it could have been damaged from the fall. Which it wasnt.

It has a cracked screen due to a fall. If you have insurance (via Asurion), call them and tell them you dropped the phone and cracked the screen. VZW won't warranty a damaged phone, which is why you're paying for insurance via Asurion.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

Are you saying that asurion won't replace it for free or that they wont let you file a claim?

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

CODModder

Reaction score
Are you saying that asurion won't replace it for free or that they wont let you file a claim?

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

I could get a refurbed phone from them for $100. I didn't want to pay that because I knew I could fix it if they didn't replace it free.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I could get a refurbed phone from them for $100. I didn't want to pay that because I knew I could fix it if they didn't replace it free.

The new LCD will cost you about $50. I'd much rather pay the $100 and get an insurance replacement. If you don't have the tools and time, it's not worth it.