Stuck in bootloader screen CANNOT enter recovery

Weapondrift

Reaction score
My brother flashed Onyx rom tonight, after which the phone got stuck in bootloader...its been in bootloader since 8pm this evening. I have tried everything I know how:
RSD Lite does nothing when plugged into the phone. I can load the .sprecovery.bin file but nothing happens then

If I press power + X and hold both its the same thing... the M logo and then the bootload.

Ive done countless battery pulls and even pulled the memory card and still nothing.

Please help!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It's down-time for most of the people on here, so you'll probably have to wait till morning to get some help. I'm not familiar with the Incredible at all, so I can't be of much help, but I will tell you to make sure you keep the battery charged and back up all the data on the SD card just to be safe.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
My brother flashed Onyx rom tonight, after which the phone got stuck in bootloader...its been in bootloader since 8pm this evening. I have tried everything I know how:
RSD Lite does nothing when plugged into the phone. I can load the .sprecovery.bin file but nothing happens then

If I press power + X and hold both its the same thing... the M logo and then the bootload.

Ive done countless battery pulls and even pulled the memory card and still nothing.

Please help!

this is the moto droid correct? does the bootloader say anything? is the dpad physicaly stuck causing you to go into the bootloader?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You are powering on with the d-pad held up to get into the bootloader before running RSDLite, correct? If not, RSDLite will never see the device. The bootloader uses a different USB mode.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you may need a diff sbf file, but this video shows the basics

[video=youtube;9udWx-KXwGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9udWx-KXwGY[/video]

OP
Weapondrift

Weapondrift

Reaction score
Ok yes this is the original droid...bootloader only does the druid eye, and then the name droid...then repeats

I will retry rsd with the dpad

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well I've been googling your problem for about an hour now. If PC's thing didn't help I'm pretty sure you're going to have to make a trip to Verizon. Sorry dude. There's a couple last things you can try. Pull your battery and leave it out for like 5 minutes. Then try booting into recovery or ask for help in the dedicated Incredibleforum.com. They might have more experience with what you're going through. Good luck dude.

OP
Weapondrift

Weapondrift

Reaction score
Well I've been googling your problem for about an hour now. If PC's thing didn't help I'm pretty sure you're going to have to make a trip to Verizon. Sorry dude. There's a couple last things you can try. Pull your battery and leave it out for like 5 minutes. Then try booting into recovery or ask for help in the dedicated Incredibleforum.com. They might have more experience with what you're going through. Good luck dude.

Thanks Corina, I'm just upset that this happened and there's no real solution...every thread I've read since it happened the person was always able to get into recovery
X_X

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
have you tried just booting it without trying to get into recovery? I saw a few threads where they thought they couldn't but after a battery pull they rebooted and it was ok.....Hay we can dream right? lol

EDIT: Do you know how he was installing this onyx rom or where the link is from where he got it? I don't believe I've ever heard of it....

OP
Weapondrift

Weapondrift

Reaction score
Have tried the first thing yes. I reboot the phone, it immediatly goes to bootscreen and then thats all it does for the entire time...occassionally It makes it to lockscreen but then starts over again
Onyx was on Rom Manager

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Onyx was on Rom Manager

That's what i thought. This whole time I thought you were talking about the Droid Incredible (that's what your profile says)! There IS hope for you still now that I see you're on the original droid. I'm sure Verizon can just do the SBF thing and you'll be all set. You did watch that video that PC posted right?

OP
Weapondrift

Weapondrift

Reaction score
Onyx was on Rom Manager

That's what i thought. This whole time I thought you were talking about the Droid Incredible (that's what your profile says)! There IS hope for you still now that I see you're on the original droid. I'm sure Verizon can just do the SBF thing and you'll be all set. You did watch that video that PC posted right?

lol ok so now that were all clear on the phone im using (sheesh yall dont ever read the first post well do yall :heart:) ok ive made some headway...I watched the video and now am using RSD Lite...however ive downloaded files and none of them are working.
FRG22D
Moto-droid2.01stock.sbf
SPRecovery

when im in RSD I go to the files and before I even hit START under the STATUS line it says PLATFORM NOT DEFINED FOR CDMA_TYPE_OMAP-CHIPSET

When I hit START I immediatly get an error saying FAILED FLASHING PROCESS UNABLE TO RETIEVE BLAH BLAH BLAH INI FILE.

Ive googled this and they say to either move the file to C:/ or My Documents. I have done both and I still get the same error.