stuck in "bootloader 2c.6c"

rrtank

Reaction score
i recently dropped my phone in the toilet, not something im proud of btw. I have already gone through Asurion and so i am getting new droid. Im not worried about the old one, but i would like to try and get it working so i can possibly sell it.
When I power the phone it goes straight to a black screen and the top it say "bootloader 2c.6c" and underneath it says "Battery ok,OK to program Transfer mode" i have already powered up holding "X" and that brought me to a screen with an exclamation point inside of a triangle. I held "vomlume up" with "Camera button" and i did the hard reset and rebooted the phone. BUt it still powered on to the black screen with the bootloader message.. any suggestions???

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Clean out the micro usb port with some alcohol.... that bootloader screen is thinking you're plugged in to a computer somehow.... how long since the drop??... might still be wet inside...

OP
R

rrtank

Reaction score
well i do have it plugged in to the computer. I'll try it without being plugged in. I dropped it last night. i know its very soon to be messing with it but like i said im just hoping to get some short money for it

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Disconnect it immediately before you completely kill it. It needs to be dried for at least 3 days before you go messing with it. There are a ton of threads and links on drying cell phones.

Once you're certain it's completely dry, then see what you can do with it. At this point, it looks like you might be OK, but dont screw yourself because you got antsy.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Wow... you dropped last night and it's already working today... I bet there's nothing wrong with that phone... I bet you grabbed that sucker as soon as it hit the water and it didn't have much time to soak in....

And ltken is right... the longer you wait.. the less chance you will do more damage....

Last edited:
OP
R

rrtank

Reaction score
yea my reflexes were suprisingly quick for a drunk person... lol but last night i immediately opened it took the battery and card out and shoot alot of toilet water and piss out. and then a few hours later i put it back together and it powered up fine, i even sent a text, it wasnt till this morning that i realized the bootloader code. Maybe by powering it on too soon i ****ed it up.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Well you said it was plugged into the computer... that bootloader screen is normal if you're plugged in while booting up

JCo352

Reaction score
The bootloader shouldn't automatically come up if it is plugged into a pc. Since getting into bootloader requires you to hold d-pad up and power to access it, try messing with the d-pad up, it might be stuck from pee pee..lol. But seriously try it. Oh and I thought you had to return the phone, when they send you the new one, I could be wrong.

Droidfish

Reaction score
my bootloader screen comes automatically when i boot up while plugged in to my pc. Never really looked into why, but it does every time

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
The bootloader shouldn't automatically come up if it is plugged into a pc. Since getting into bootloader requires you to hold d-pad up and power to access it, try messing with the d-pad up, it might be stuck from pee pee..lol. But seriously try it. Oh and I thought you had to return the phone, when they send you the new one, I could be wrong.

You lost me on this one... if I'm plugged into my pc and I power off then back on... it automatically goes to that screen... never heard of the d-pad thing .... but I have seen a lot of people thinking their phone was broken and all they had to do was unplug - reboot - then plug back in... I learned this here on the forum and I've seen it a hundred times...

OP
R

rrtank

Reaction score
. Oh and I thought you had to return the phone, when they send you the new one, I could be wrong.

I didnt report it as water damage to Asurion because then it wouldnt have been covered. I reported it lost/stolen dancedroid

OP
R

rrtank

Reaction score
I didnt report water damage to Asurion. I reported lost/stolen.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
. Oh and I thought you had to return the phone, when they send you the new one, I could be wrong.

I didnt report it as water damage to Asurion because then it wouldnt have been covered. I reported it lost/stolen dancedroid

That's weird.... I could report mine stuffed up my butt with a snickers bar on fire... they don't care... it's covered

And now it don't matter if it works.... you reported it lost or stolen so they kill the esn number or whatever and that phone is dead... and nobody will want to buy it

Last edited:
OP
R

rrtank

Reaction score
i didnt think it would be covered. and i wanted to keep the phone anyway. btw tmi about the snickers bar lol

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, water damage is definitely covered.... Their web page even shows a cell phone floating in a toilet.

Since you reported it lost or stolen, they've likely reported the MEID to Verizon so it can be blacklisted. Keep that in mind when you try to sell the phone. Asurion might not bother you for fraud, but failing to disclose that to a committed 3rd party might land you in a world of hurt.