Stuck in boot up

BatmantheDK

Reaction score
Alrighty, I've been trying to do my research and solve this on my own but, at this point, I am feeling overwhelmed by information. My Rezound has been slowly dying over the past couple of months (getting slower, not as responsive, etc). I just reached my eligibility for upgrade from Verizon but wanted to wait until the next line of new phones came out. However, my phone finally died last night. I was checking some stuff on Facebook when it froze up and then shut down. After that it never booted past the HTC white screen (just kept doing this in endless loop). After looking around I found out how to get into the boot menu (holding power and volume down) and I tried Recovery but that didn't work. I even tried factory reset to no avail. A lot of the information I found has to do with unlocked phones or rooting them. My phone is neither...it is just like it was when I received it in the mail and has worked fine for me. My question (finally) is this...how do I recover or get my phone to work again without rooting/unlocking it? Is this even possible? I'm not necessarily opposed to doing this (pretty comfortable with computer stuff) but I'd rather not if I can help it, especially since I just want the phone to last about another month or two. I will keep looking online for a solution but figured I would add a post since this forum has helped answer questions I've had before in the past. Thanks guys! :)

acejavelin

Reaction score
This sounds like a "network boot loop" issue, try removing the SIM card, booting up, and going into the settings and changing the Mobile Network settings to something other than LTE/CDMA, then wait about a minute and set it back to LTE/CDMA and wait about a minute, then power off, reinsert SIM card and boot. This was pretty common with Gingerbread but how much it was seen dropped of significantly after ICS came out. If trouble continues consider taking it into a VZW store or calling tech support to get a new SIM card.

OP
B

BatmantheDK

Reaction score
I am currently running ICS. I tried removing the SIM and it still wont boot past the HTC white screen. I found an RUU here [Exclusive Download] HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich RUU For Final OTA (3.14.605.12) and so I am planning to try that to see if it works. I know it will wipe everything but at this point I don't know what else to do. I am definitely open to more suggestions since I have never done anything like what I am about to try.

OP
B

BatmantheDK

Reaction score
*Quick update....Well, I figured before I ventured into uncharted waters I would give Verizon tech support a shot. After getting to advanced tech level and explaining everything I had tried, the guy said he would send me a warranty replacement (which I was absolutely positive I was past my cutoff for this by at least 3 months). I should have it by Tuesday and can still upgrade whenever I want in the future. Definitely unexpected and made my day!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just so you know, as long as you bought the phone through Verizon they will either warranty replace it or offer you some kind of compensation to get a new phone. I had an enV(original) way beyond the 2 years and I wanted to give the phone to someone else. My daughter was playing with it and dropped it, although there was no physical damage the phone stopped working. I called Verizon tech support and they offered me an free upgrade to an enV 2(which I didn't want) since they no longer carried the original enV.