stuck in boot loop :(

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by wielgot, Jul 30, 2010.

1. wielgot

wielgot New Member

i have been rooted for a few days now. i went to download a new rom i installed it and now when the phone turns on all i get is the load screen that says droid. I have tried to do a nandroid back up and i get the same thing please help

thanks jesse
  2. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

You mean you tried to do a nandroid restore? Does this mean you can get into recovery mode because if so just flash your last backup otherwise you're going to have to do some work which i can post the steps if needed
  3. wielgot

wielgot New Member

now im really screwed because my battery just died and it wont take a charge

any info would help

thanks
  4. jared69sib

jared69sib New Member

Cut your power wire and use electrical tape to connect it directly to your battery... just be careful and feel the battery to make sure it does not get hot. Every few minutes unplug the adapter, then plug it back in. After about an hour you should have enough juice to debrick your phone....
  5. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

1) A battery not holding a charge js not a bricked phone.

2) If he hasnt figured it out in the last 7 months, he's got much larger problems.

3) Don't resurrect dead threads... I'm showing the last post is from July 30. It puts this dead thread in front of those of people who might actually need help now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  6. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

He was just trying to help. If people use the search function they might find this thread and see his advice, so in reality it does help and shouldn't deter anyone from getting the help they need.
  7. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    ...Especially when they're posting from the DF app.

Not saying that applies specifically to this incident, but in general THAT happens a lot.
  8. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

I can respect that :)

furbearingmammal gave some *awesome* instructions on how to this, maybe someone could post a link (I'm on my phone...) here bc it was very well laid out and could prevent messing up the battery by putting the wrong charge on the wrong contact.

9. jared69sib

jared69sib New Member

My case due to bricking....

People still find there way to this thread in search of answers, and I'd like to help them find what they are looking for. That is how I ended up here, so the thread is NOT dead. THANK YOU OneTenderRebel.

In my particular case, my phone was indeed bricked. And it was preventing me from charging my battery. I had no choice but to use some ingenuity to charge my battery.

I currently have bugless beast running on the droid. I had to mess around with a few things before it would boot without looping. If anyone needs help with that, email me.

***If anyone knows how to de-verizon a droid and/or set-up another carrier like t-mobile please let me know. ***:icon_eek:dancedroid:icon_eek:dancedroid
  10. jared69sib

jared69sib New Member

Well, without going into detail that is why I said to be careful....you should obviously always check to make sure the voltages and amps are comparable. Most phone chargers appears to be around the same specs, so I didn't make a big deal about mentioning it.:blackdroid:
  11. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

Didn't mean to offend anyone... I got snapped at before for posting on a "dead" thread when i was new to DF so just assumed it was a "no-no" ...

12. jared69sib

jared69sib New Member

furbearingmammal do you have an excerpt from subject 12 I can read?
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  13. jared69sib

jared69sib New Member

It's all good. There are a lot of jerks out there. I got crap talked by some physics geeks on a forum less than a week ago, and it was really uncalled for. In some cases I guess I could see keep a thread dead in order to stop the circulation of outdated software.... I dunno. Still seems dumb...you simply shouldn't be able to post in a thread if it has been inactive for a certain period of time. I'd dislike that very much though. :icon_evil::greendroid::blackdroid::motdroidhoriz:
  14. furbearingmammal

The instructions referred to earlier are from csealpcr: With credit to whoever came up with it first. :)

NOTE: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE DONE TO ANY PHONE, BATTERY, ETC. FOLLOW THESE STEPS WITH CAUTION TO AVOID RISK OF DAMAGE.

1. Take your cable and cut off one of the ends, leaving a standard USB plug at the opposite end to plug into your computer.

2. Now you need to strip about and inch of the wire off until you get to the core where you should see 4 colored wires (red, black, white, and green). The colors don't really matter and they may vary, just as long as you can see a red wire and a black wire.

3. Strip off about a quarter inch of the rubber sleeving on the red and black cables, exposing the actual metal wire.

4. Twist the metal strands of each of the wires a couple of times so that all of the wires from the black cable are together and all of the wires from the red cable are together. This is just to make sure that you don't create a short circuit.

5. Here's where it gets a little tricky. You are going to use this cable to make the phone think the battery is fully charged, when in fact you will just be powering the phone using the power from the USB port. Pull out the battery on your phone and find the 4 exposed metal slots (the battery terminals).

6. Each of the far terminals should be labeled with a plus (+) or a minus (-). What you need to do is put exposed leads on the red wire up to the positive terminal and the leads of the black wire up to the negative terminal.

A little suggestion -- don't use the official Motorola cable. ANY USB cable will work, so use a cheapie. :)
  15. furbearingmammal

Does the first 25% of the book count? You can get 25% at Smashwords from the link in my sig, or you can get 10% from Barnes and Noble or Amazon if you want it delivered automatically. :) There's a small formatting error at the start of at least the e-pub, which I need to figure out, but other than that it's clean (other than the language and other graphic content).

And overall, I'm glad everyone's being so nice. No infractions for anyone! :D
  16. jared69sib

jared69sib New Member

Cool thanks. So you live on the border of Canada, huh? Buffalo? I'm all the way down south in NY.

I used a wall charger btw. Only 2 wires, so it is even simpler. The idea came right out of this troubled noggin upon my neck. ;)
  17. furbearingmammal

Oh, even further north than that. :) I live about 2 hours north of Syracuse.
  18. jared69sib

jared69sib New Member

I like Syracuse. I enjoyed walking around the carousel mall, and visiting the community college campus up there when I used to have a young and cute gf. LOL.

I like the book so far. I'll let you know more when I get there.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  19. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

Well hopefully I'm not one of those jerks! :) I agree making an old thread so you can't respond would be convenient, but I also agree it wouldn't accomplish much. Either way, it's all good.

Also I just realized you're new to DF...welcome! I should've been easier on ya -- didn't realize it was your first post! ;-) lol Glad to have you helping people. That's the best part of this community if you ask me. I check the help sections often to see if I can help people, and it really is the foundation of our community. So welcome to DroidForums! :)

20. jared69sib

jared69sib New Member

My thoughts exactly. Everyone should be so helpful, or at least motivating.... :icon_ banana:

I'm getting nervous. School starts in a week. Engineering Science! I'm trying to clean and organize my apartment as best as I can for the next 4 months, so I have no distractions! Although, I know my 2 yr old son will be doing his best to destroy EVERYTHING! lol
Search tags for this page
cruz reader not booting
cruz reader stuck on boot screen
cruz t510 stuck on loading/
droid 4 stuck in boot loop
how to take cruz out of bootloop
jesse wielgot twitter

nook color reboot loop

rooted nook color stays in boot loop
s4 stuck in boot loop