stuck in boot loop?

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by smart_ask, Apr 2, 2010.

1. smart_ask

smart_ask New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wiped my phone back to factory using the .sbf file method. I then went into google, activated the phone, and went to market and installed ROM manager and clockworkmod. After that I downloaded Ultimate Droid 9.0 and renamed to update.zip and restarted while holding the "X" (went into clockworkmod recovery)and choose to apply the sd card "update.zip" file. It appears it is in a boot loop, meaning it kept showing the red eye droid start up thing over and over. So I pulled the battery (the only way to stop it) and pulled the sd card and put UD 8.?? on there with the same results, altho now I do have a different boot loop the with Ultimatedroid logo.
    Any ideas would be most helpful.
    Very much noob.
    I know futher infomation will be required, please advise.

2. smart_ask

smart_ask New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I did the wipe to factory two files were provided one being a esd56 file which I used. The other file was a esd20. So thinking the esd56 might have caused the problems I'm currently wiping again using the esd20 file. I will advise the outcome.

3. Banyon

Banyon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When you flashed it, did you flash it to the 2.0.1 or is there a new sbf out for 2.1?

Because if you flashed 2.0.1, you need to go thru the whole rooting process again, and do the data wipe when installing UD or you WILL get a boot loop (thats where I screwed up first time.)

Make sure you do things in steps till you are comfortable

Flash to factory new.
    Root + install recovery
    backup
    THEN do a data wipe and UD
    Once working, backup again

This way if you hose the UD install, just recover the freshly rooted version.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Worked with another user to go back to the SBF, followed by rooting and then going from there to ROM manager should be sufficient.

5. Banyon

Banyon New Member

Ratings:
    +0

But it is to my understanding, that if anything was downloaded between the time of root, and UD9 install, without doing a data wipe pre UD9, it will bootloop (what happened to me). Because you are trying to use data from a rooted 2.0.1 install on the UD 2.1 install.

Is there a SBF from 2.1 already? and wouldn't it raise the same issues since it would be the offical 2.1 and not the version we are using?

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, I was referring to 2.0.1 SBF. After that, rooting the phone will get you 2.0.1 rooted and from there you can use ROM mgr an away you go.

7. srtfool32

srtfool32 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2.0.1 needs to have su installed after using it. Then clockwork. And on clockwork recovery you don't need to rename to update.zip. use the option to install zip from sdscard then choose zip. Can be named whatever anywhere on your sdcard.

8. 561427

561427 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I would try to go back (if you backed up before trying to load the new ROM) and then make sure you have SU. You can root and just folow the instructions by using DMupdater from the market. After that use the PC to update to 8.6.3 UD but you must wipe cache and data. Then you may get both the free and paid versions of ROM Manager to find UD9.0 and the programs/features you want. After that if it still boot loops get a HIGHER voltage kernel to see if it boots up. post back if it doesnt. I once had my phone mess up at the "welcome to the droid" screen where it teches you how to use the droid and i had to mount my SD, add an older ROM, and reflash cuz it didnt like what i was trying to do.

#8 561427, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  9. smart_ask

smart_ask New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ty all

Well I wiped and did it again and its working fine. Most likely I left something out of the process originally. Again thank you for your assistance.

Search tags for this page
moto devour stuck of boot screen

motorola devour boot loop

motorola devour stuck on boot loop fix
motorola devour stuck on white screen
motorola mc754a stuck on splash screen
motorola xt875 stuck in boot loop after welcome screen
motorola xt875 stuck on start up
xda motorola model number xt875 stuck on bootloop