stuck in boot loop

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by amyk, Mar 1, 2010.

1. amyk

amyk New Member

I have used sholesmod, droidmod, and now adamz latest rom

I have the latest spr (99.3b) and am somewhat familiar with rooting, but still kinda a noob

my phone will not stop the boot loop for me to even attempt to return to stock and start fresh, even after several battery pulls

I need my phone as I don't have a landline and this is my only phone, so am about to bring it to Verizon Wireless, but will they be able to tell it's been rooted=voided warranty???

HELP HELP HELP
  2. huskur

huskur Well-Known Member

Don't know the asnwer to your issue but if you have to take it to verizon and have insurance just run over it with your car first :icon_ devil:

I also have no landline and only the droid. That is why i have not attempted to root yet. I am sure i will soon though. Really want the wifi tether option. May just do the droidmod......we'll see

good luck
  3. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

do you have a backup in sprecovery? If so, take the battery out and hold x and power then put the battery back in (while holding x and power the whole time). Should boot you into recovery and you can just restore from your backup
  4. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Yea if you used droidmod updater thenyou have sprecovery. Just hold x while hitting the power button witht he phone off. Then press install, choose rom from sd card, and select the one you have downloaded.

This sounds like a problem ive seen coming from going from 2.1 to 2.01, have you used any custom rom before?

If this doesn't work you can always go back to stock. There are plenty of instructions on this.
  5. amyk

amyk New Member

yes, I have the latest version of sprecovery, and I have tried to reboot several times, but it keeps restarting at the Moto, red eye, home screen, Moto, red eye, home screen, Moto, you get the idea---I can't even power off the phone manually to x/power into spr...grrr
  6. bastosero

bastosero New Member

You can try PDANet in the app market to use tethering without rooting your Droid.
  7. bastosero

bastosero New Member

Are you holding down on the "x" button and power button long enough together until the SPRecovery mode shows up?
  8. Erron

Pull the battery, then hold the x button while replacing if its turning on by itself.

or you can do a complete restore to stock. but thats a last resort. You may need to get through it by IM or something if you cant get it. Someone would be happy to walk you through it im sure. It's a great community we have here.
  9. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

slow down and read.. You should never even get to the eye if you boot into recovery. Press power and x from before you put the battery in to the point sprecovery loads
  10. bastosero

bastosero New Member

Yeah, you need to hold down on "x" and the power button until you see SPRecovery.
  11. Erron

Oh yea I just read your post. Youre trying to go from a 2.1 rom to a 2.01. Youll be fine. You can do a wipe memory and fix this.
  12. SeaTownJon

SeaTownJon New Member

Thank you to all who answered, I had the exact same problem and this took care of everything. Thanks!
  13. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Calm down. Take a deep breath. Are you saying when you put the battery back in it boots on its own? Boot loops are a pretty easy fix just need to take it one step at a time.
Search tags for this page
android phone stuck in boot loop
droid 4 stuck in boot loop
droid concord stuck in boot loop
droid phone caught in the loop
droid pro xt610 bootloop

droid stuck in boot loop

motorola droid ultra stuck in boot loop
my droid dna is stuck on boot loop
my smart phone won't start and gets stuck in a booting loop