stuck in a boot loop and Low Battery Unable to Program

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by drwolcor, Aug 12, 2010.

1. drwolcor

drwolcor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is my problem.... I have had my Droid since the day it came out and it has been rooted since it has been stable and posted here. Had SPRecover and have tried several custom ROMS before overclocked kernels, etc never having an issue. Been running one of the 2.2 rooted leaked versions from a while back with great success until I found the "official" update.

Well with the official 2.2 update FRG01b that is out I jumped on the train and installed it..... guess I should have read that I would loose root and SPRecovery.

I didn't like not having root without my wifi tether, etc. so I decided I needed to go back and load my backup of my older 2.2 leaked version. Before I got a chance to reload it my phone died... so I came inside to charge it and restore my old 2.2 with root and I used RSDlite and successfully flashed SPRecovery. I went to restore my old version of 2.2 I had an error in SPRecovery something about sdcard and mounting....well I tried restoring it again and it was successful.

When I did the reboot now I am stuck in a boot loop going from the "DROID" to the "EYE" back to the "DROID" and so on.

I figured something was corrupt in the restore with the previous error So I wiped and did it again..... same results boot loop.

So I said screw this I will just stick with the "official" 2.2 update that I made a backup of so I can at least use my phone for the time being. So I went to restore the official 2.2 update and it said it was successful... during the reboot I am still stuck with the boot loop and now no SPRecovery

So I figured I would just flash back to stock from the day I bought the phone. Hook up via USB to PC and RSDlite and now I get the "battery low cannot program error" when I press the up d pad when booting.

So Now I can't reflash my phone with the stock sbf or even boot my phone.

Someone with any suggestions?

2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +33
    Sounds like your phone's battery is dead. Plug the phone up to the Wall Charger (not computer or car and make sure its the charger that came with the phone) and let it charge for about 2-3 hours. Then see if you are able to reboot. I think you will.

3. drwolcor

drwolcor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had it on wall charger for several hours.... sorry if I didn't post it, thought I had

4. mau5hunter

mau5hunter Member

Ratings:
    +0

any luck? try letting the battery drain and then charging? iv been in a similar problem before - i was for sure i had bricked my device when nothing i tried worked. let it sitting on the charger for a day and first try went into recovery..

5. lancelot323

lancelot323 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Something similar happened to me today.

My battery went completely dead; the phone actually shut off. I plugged it into my car charger, and it turned back on(I have it set to not sleep when charging)...went through my boot animation, and landed me at my home screen...after which it looped me back to the "M". It did this sixteen times...I found out from a Verizon store tech that it's actually a bug in 2.2 that causes that.

He put the battery in a standalone charger so it could get some juice, and then the phone worked. I bought such a charger(VZW stores sell a charger that charges pretty much all Moto batteries except for the Droid X), and a spare battery. If you're getting a "battery drained" error, try that first. That may solve your problem.

So, object lesson learned: Never let your Moto Droid's battery drain completely.

6. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Couldn't you just plug it into the charger, then NOT turn the phone on at all for a couple of hours, THEN boot it again?

You've got to get yourself together
    You got stuck in a boot loop
    And you can't get out of it

Great U2 song.

7. danbogart

danbogart New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same issue. What I had to do was revert to a stock sbf (RS-Files). I used 2.01. Then rooted with easy root from there. On that site they have the 2.01 sbf and a 2.01 zip so you can update via rsd lite or via recovery console.

8. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +33
    The main thing is to try to remember not to flash anything if your battery is below 50%. These droids are sensitive to low battery and will not flash properly. If your battery is low, plug it into the wall using the charger that came with the phone and let it sit for 2-3 hours. After which time you should have ample battery life to flash successfully.

Search tags for this page
a956 cannot program batt low
battery low can not reboot
battery to low unnable to flash motorola

can low battery cause boot loop motorola

droid bionic low battery boot loop
how to fix bootloop of android through pc without software
low battery unable to program
motorola a956 can not program due to low batt
motorola model a956 battery low cannot program
my phone is stuck in dead batery loop