stuck at the 'M' (or in my case, the Flyers logo)

Shelooga

Reaction score
i just want to confirm this is fixable by flashing the sbf file. i downloaded ssx. had problems after install so i wiped and reinstalled. had problems again so i wiped three times and reinstalled. no problems until i tried using jrummys overclock like i used to on rubix. ran into continuous reloading of the bootanimation. even when i reverted back to stock settings. so today i wiped about 10 times, formatted the system (why, i dont know, but im sur ethis is the exact point where i screwed up. im too curious and poke around with things i dont know about clearly)reinstalled ssx, and once i rebooted from clockwork to install, i got stuck at the logo. i pulled the battery, turned it back on, same thing. so i have a few questions now.
pretend i have the sbf file. can i just use rsd to flash it on my phone when i go home on lunch break? i know there are guides on how to do this all around but unfortunately i am blocked from those sites, the file download links, and administrator settings on my work computer, etc.. assuming this will get me past the M(Flyers) logo, i will lose my root access, correct? and finally, i used chevys bkapps script in terminal, but i assume if i can flash the sbf, and turn my phone on, and get past the M, and regain root, that the backups will no longer exist?

format system.. god im an idiot.

OP
Shelooga

Shelooga

Reaction score
after flashing through rsd lite, and getting PASS, my phone now wont go past the bootloader. it says:

bootloader
err:a5,70,70,00,1f

mem_map blank
service req'd
battery ok
ok to program
transfer mode:
usb

so i have officially bricked it correct? service reqd means im an idiot and my phone is an expensive paperweight?

if anyone can just confirm this so i can set fire to it, please let me know. or if you know how i can fix this i would like that a tad bit better. please help!

OP
Shelooga

Shelooga

Reaction score
thanks to some helpful tips, and quick action, verizon is sending me a brand new x overnight. lets see how quickly i ruin this one...