Stuck at the loading screen

pdubbs

Reaction score
so i installed liberty on my phone, from the bootstrap menu, after it was done installing, i clicked update sd card, or what ever that option is. and it gave me an error saying "no ... folder update. found" or someting like that i did it a few times. so i just backed out and rebooted. as it restarted i got the liberty logo, and its been there for about 15 minutes now. probably longer.
i cant do anything it seems, should i just pull out my battery or what do i need to do?

Reaction score
so i installed liberty on my phone, from the bootstrap menu, after it was done installing, i clicked update sd card, or what ever that option is. and it gave me an error saying "no ... folder update. found" or someting like that i did it a few times. so i just backed out and rebooted. as it restarted i got the liberty logo, and its been there for about 15 minutes now. probably longer.
i cant do anything it seems, should i just pull out my battery or what do i need to do?

First, what ROM did you come from, and what version of Liberty did you install?

Second, if you're stuck on the fist, you're probably gonna have to SBF, but before you do that, yes, pull the battery and reboot and see if you can get it back into recovery. If you can get to recovery, you can usually fix whatever the problem is without an SBF.

OP
P

pdubbs

Reaction score

Second, if you're stuck on the fist, you're probably gonna have to SBF, but before you do that, yes, pull the battery and reboot and see if you can get it back into recovery. If you can get to recovery, you can usually fix whatever the problem is without an SBF.

umm i came from froyo 2.3 or something. not too sure if thats whay your asking. i used the z4 root thing, then bootstrap, then i dowloaded lib.

i downloaded this one Liberty Gingerbread V.0.8

and what does sbf mean?? :s

Reaction score

umm i came from froyo 2.3 or something. not too sure if thats whay your asking. i used the z4 root thing, then bootstrap, then i dowloaded lib.

Yikes. Okay. So you must have been on 2.3.340 if z4 worked for you.

Unfortunately, you're in a situation where you have no choice but to learn what SBF is. You can't install a Gingerbread ROM over a FroYo ROM without first installing the base Gingerbread files.

SBF is (I think) "System Binary File." What you'll do is install a .SBF file on your phone that will take it completely back to stock 2.3.340 (the way it came in the box from VZW.)

There's a really well-written guide in the stickies on how to go from any ROM (including your "soft-bricked" phone) to Liberty GB. Right here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...-1-stock-apex-cm7-etc-any-rom-liberty-gb.html

You'll SBF, root, install bootstrap, install Gingerbread, then install the Liberty GB ROM. All in a nice little package. Good luck!

OP
P

pdubbs

Reaction score

Yikes. Okay. So you must have been on 2.3.340 if z4 worked for you.

Unfortunately, you're in a situation where you have no choice but to learn what SBF is. You can't install a Gingerbread ROM over a FroYo ROM without first installing the base Gingerbread files.

SBF is (I think) "System Binary File." What you'll do is install a .SBF file on your phone that will take it completely back to stock 2.3.340 (the way it came in the box from VZW.)

There's a really well-written guide in the stickies on how to go from any ROM (including your "soft-bricked" phone) to Liberty GB. Right here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...-1-stock-apex-cm7-etc-any-rom-liberty-gb.html

You'll SBF, root, install bootstrap, install Gingerbread, then install the Liberty GB ROM. All in a nice little package. Good luck!
dam, alright, thanks a lot!!!