Stuck at red eye.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by qwiksilver711, Feb 26, 2010.

1. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 New Member

Hey,

During the night last night my phone turned off for some random reason. It was fully charged but turned off. When I went to turn it back on it stuck at the red eye. I had to revert to a backup of a week ago with no sweeter home 2 installed to get it to boot. My main question i guess is why did it shut down? was it because I have it to clock at 250 while I sleep?
  2. Jedijesus95

Jedijesus95 New Member

I have no idea why it shut down. As stable as these roms are they will have issues from time to time. It could be a sweeter home issue. Or it could be the 250 MHz issue. I have mine set to to 550 max and 250 min while charging and I haven't had any issues. Were you using any live wallpaper? Live wallpaper uses a lot of the cpu and I could see your phone having issues running live wallpaper and running at 250 MHz.
  3. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 New Member

no, no live wallpaper at all, i'm running just an overclocked kernel, everything else still appears to be stock, I know that sweeter home has a known issue of hanging on boot at the red eye, I'm thinking that just having it clocked at 250 shut it down over the night... just frustrating because I know that sweeter home hangs at boot, so I dont turn the phone off, because when I do I have to revert back to a state before sweeter home.
  4. Jedijesus95

Jedijesus95 New Member

That would suck. I haven't used Sweeterhome and I hear it takes along time to setup. I would change your setcpu to charge at 550 MHz and see if you have any issues. You could also email the developer of Sweeterhome and see what he says.
  5. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 New Member

It is a known issue with sweeter home 2, but noone wants to take the time to get a logcat off the phone while stuck in red eye, and I cant, because you have to hook it to your computer and my win 7 64 bit wont recognize my droid is even there, on any usb port. I changed my cpu to run at 550 while charging and 400 while sleeping so that should help.

As far as the set up time on sweeter home, yeah it takes awhile, a long while if you get it really custom... It has a huge learning curve too, almost no documentation so you almost have to guess and test to get things working. Right now I have 5 home screens, all custom and my home looks exactly how I want it, alot of the stuff I have wouldnt work the way it does if I didnt have sweeter home, thats why I'm willing to deal with this until a solution is found, once you set it up, its worth the time for sure
  6. Moondonkey

Moondonkey New Member

You just need to run Visine.apk

It should get rid of that red eye for you!:icon_ devil::icon_ banana:
  7. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 New Member

I was looking for actual help, but thanks for the suggestion
  8. SGTiger

SGTiger New Member

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago, At the time, I wasn't rooted, just running stock 2.01. Phone died in the middle of a phone call. After battery pull, phone would only come up to red eye. Only a hard reset fixed it. So just saying your custom rom or O/C may not have had anything to do with it.
  9. punyweakling

punyweakling New Member

Check my sig, kids. There's some workarounds... and details on how to run a logcat if it happens to you so the dev can fix it.
  10. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 New Member

yep, if ya look in the sweeter home forums thread I've posted about it, I cant get my pc to recognize my droid, so I cant do it.
  11. punyweakling

punyweakling New Member

NEW BUILD is out. See my sig. Has a potential Red Eye hang fix. :icon_ banana:
Search tags for this page
droid 2 stuck on red eye
droid 4 stuk red eye
droid dna stops at eye
droid razr m froze on red eye
droid razr m locked on red eye
droid razr m stuck on red eye

droid razr stuck on red eye

droid stuck on red eye

droid x2 is stuck on the red eye xda dev
motorola razr m is stuck on the red eye
my droid incredible is stuck on the eye