1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Stuck at Motorola start-up screen (M of death)

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by maxzutter, Jan 13, 2011.

1. maxzutter

maxzutter New Member

I have a Droid X, running 2.2.1 (2.3.340). I installed GummyJAR 2.5 and the setup ran smoothly, but when I rebooted, the phone got stuck on the motorola screen. I tried several (20+) battery pulls, wiping the cache and data (factory reset), and installing the stock 2.2.1 as an update.zip but none worked. I still get the M of death.

Here's the message I get when I try to apply the update.zip
    "Verifying your current system...
    assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/sdcard/app/AccountAndSyncSettings.apk", e4460022c15f112cdfeed63856bcc24632fcfbe5", "cf11303e36901d8339dc3bec8d30e7c502f3ef81")
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Is there any way to apply the update.zip or my nandroid backup through bootloader?
    (I can't apply it through bootstrapper because my phone wont start-up)

Or is there any way to apply my nandroid backup as an update.zip or through the stock system recovery?
    (I don't know if there should be an option but at the bottom of the system recovery page it says "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command"

-thanks in advance, life without my droid is meaningless
  2. andylulzyou

andylulzyou New Member

I had the same problem when I was trying to update except mine as with the Flash Player.apk

I had to .sbf
  3. maxzutter

maxzutter New Member

I was hoping that wasn't my only option. Iv'e considered the flash/sbf method but Iv'e heard its very risky. I just wanted to make sure there weren't any alternate resolutions.

-thanks again
  4. justin82

justin82 Super Moderator Premium Member

SBF time.. it not really all that bad.. Z4root and you will be rooted in less than a minute.. you will be back up and running with whatever rom you choose in under 45 min:)
Search tags for this page
droid x battery screen ? on startup
droid x stuck on start up screen
droid x2 is stuck on start screen
e /sdcard/update.zip for motorolaa xprt
i475 wont startup
moto x stays on m screen
moto x stuck on m launch screen
motorola admiral frozen on start screen
motorola razr i stuck on start up screen
motorola xprt locked in the m screen

motorola xprt stuck on moto screen