stuck at moto screen after tying to install update

edon82

Reaction score
Wont do anything ...no recovery. Wont factory reset...what can i do??

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Any way you can let us here know, briefly, what you've done that's led to this incident?

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've heard that the update has broken some phones and they've had to be replaced. Have you tried Verizon Technical Support (800)-922-0204?

If you can't get to recovery, you're pretty much DOA.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
If recovery is not accessible, and neither is the bootloader (fastboot screen), yep, the pooch is screwed.

OP
E

edon82

Reaction score
If recovery is not accessible, and neither is the bootloader (fastboot screen), yep, the pooch is screwed.

I can get to fastboot but it seems like nothing works...every option just goes to green moto logo and will stay there ..side note ....phone wont stay off if i hold power it starts back up in about 2secs and sticks on logo

OP
E

edon82

Reaction score
Any way you can let us here know, briefly, what you've done that's led to this incident?

Downloaded ota and installed first time just rebooted normally like i heard would happen
Went back to recovery and reinstalled looked good but failed at the end ...been looping ever since

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Were you ever rooted? Were you bone-pure stock?

Einsteindks

Reaction score
I don't recall motoroot adversely affecting the recovery. The update will reboot once, early, then continue on its own, to reboot after a long time. Not so for you? I haven't heard what happens, exactly, to those pure stock folks that brick. Provided the FXZ file supposed released today, THAT would help you via House of Motor and fastboot screen.

OP
E

edon82

Reaction score
I don't recall motoroot adversely affecting the recovery. The update will reboot once, early, then continue on its own, to reboot after a long time. Not so for you? I haven't heard what happens, exactly, to those pure stock folks that brick. Provided the FXZ file supposed released today, THAT would help you via House of Motor and fastboot screen.

No ...it did reboot once but never fully rebooted the second time ...i can get to the fastboot screen but cant do anything from there...so i have no idea what to do.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
As long as you can get to fastboot, the flashing program would take it from there...if KitKat FXZ is released. The instructions for HoM are extensive, BUT...take your time. They can work. And, if you're lucky, 'save data' will pay off BIG time!

OP
E

edon82

Reaction score
As long as you can get to fastboot, the flashing program would take it from there...if KitKat FXZ is released. The instructions for HoM are extensive, BUT...take your time. They can work. And, if you're lucky, 'save data' will pay off BIG time!

Thank you for your help ...got fingers crossed

OP
E

edon82

Reaction score
Thank you for your help ...got fingers crossed

Any word on an fxz...im still stuck at moto screen and the only fastboot option that does anything is barcode...update ...i hit recovery in fastboot menu for about the thousandth time and it said" Failed to hab check recovery : 0x56 boot up failed

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Nothing yet. It may take a few days to a few weeks. Sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news, but that's the best I can offer at this time.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Somewhere here, they're using the flash for the developer edition Maxx to restore, but without root, a flubbed KK update.