1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Stuck at M Logo!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by VingInMedina, Mar 22, 2011.

1. VingInMedina

VingInMedina New Member

I switched from using SPR to RZR a little while ago, and today was the first day that I tried to flash a new ROM using it.

I made a full backup of the ROM is was running (Simply Stunning 5.1) and then did a wipe of the data and cache and flashed UD 3.1.1. Everything went fine, but when I rebooted into Android it just sat at the M logo. I pulled the battery twice and still the same thing.

So, I rebooted into recovery and restored the backup I made, but I still can't boot the phone!

I can boot into recovery and into the bootloader but not into Android.

What should I do?
  2. VingInMedina

VingInMedina New Member

Well, I did a little more digging and it would appear that lots of people are having problems after using RZR. I tried flashing it again using the sbf file and than using the update file from within RZR and no luck.

So, I flashed the sbf file that I had for the Stock Froyo and my phone is now back up and running again. I'm fully stock, with no root, so I have a lot of work ahead of me to get back to where I was, but at least I have a phone.

I am going to go back to using SPR. I never had a problem with it.
  3. segdoh49

segdoh49 New Member

I believe that most of the problems that peeps are having using RZR is that they are running the overclocking too high eg 1100. I believe that if they slow it down a bit they wouldn't have as many problems. But I also think that may be a question for RaidZero to answer. And next time you post, try and include a little more information like clock speed etc etc.
  4. VingInMedina

VingInMedina New Member

I would see that as being a problem. I've never been able to run my phone faster than 1 Ghz. I never did anything with the overclocking in RZR - I guess I didn't realize that by default it might be running that fast.

What was really disappointing though, was after flashing SPR back onto the phone I could not restore from the backup that I made with RZR. I had to flash SS5.1 back onto the phone, and then while in recovery, access the phone with adb and restore the data and system backups from the command line.

It is nice to know that as long as the bootloader is still functioning, I can still recover from a really scary position. It is really pretty hard to totally brick this phone.
  5. dez

dez New Member

mine did this and when i got it to clockwork recovery mode i just pulled out the SD card and rebooted the phone, waited for it to turn on and put my SD card back in, has worked fine ever since you could probably try that, other than that idk, goodluck tho ^_^
  6. VingInMedina

VingInMedina New Member

Posted another thread and it seems that I am working ok now.

Using SPR I installed RZR 2.0.3, rebooted into recovery and then using RZR, I installed RZR again.

Then after installing the new ROM, I rebooted into recovery before rebooting into Android.

Noticed that the RZR Nandroid backup doesn't backup cache, boot or recovery. Does anyone find this to be a problem?
Search tags for this page

droid razr stuck on m logo ss5.53