Stuck at M logo, sbf flash reboots to bootloader.. ???

Reaction score
So I have a D1, I have tried multiple SBF flashes and update.zip installs. So, the phone was stuck in the bootloader (2C.6C). If I flash an SBF (I have tried this in windows with RSD lite and in Linux with sbf_flash) but when it's finished and it reboots, my phone simply boots back into the bootloader. I have tried installing an sbf of SPRecovery and RZRecovery to install a Rom and even a Backup of my friend's droid. If I install any of those things through recovery, the phone will just boot loop at the M. I'm wondering if there is anything else I can try. This phone is way more than a year old and it was my sister's phone, who doesn't have insurance on her line. I have it on mine, but I'd have to have the phone attached to my number for at least a month, which I'm not willing to do. Does anyone know if there is anything else I can try?

Thanks to any and all that help. I'm offering $50 to anyone that can help me fix this (via paypal)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well that is an old bootloader which could be your problem. It is up to 2c.7c IIRC.

So if you sbf a recovery file on, you can get into recovery?

If you use RZR have you tried "wipe all" then installed a full update.zip ROM? Try something stockish (MetiCkOne).

Also, with RZR I get a bootloop sometimes, as I think there is a bad sector on my system ram, so lately I've had to reboot into recovery after flashing and flash the same file again.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What ROM were you running? It looks like 2c.6c from what I can tell is 2.01 or lower. Maybe you can try flashing the stock 2.01 sbf?

OP
The White Weapon
Reaction score
What ROM were you running? It looks like 2c.6c from what I can tell is 2.01 or lower. Maybe you can try flashing the stock 2.01 sbf?

Before it messed up, my sister was running Bugless Beast 0.4 (i think) but it was definitely a froyo rom and I had ran the official 2.2 update before I installed that for her, so I'm pretty confident that the bootloader SHOULD have been updated. I guess I can run a 2.0.1 SBF, but I'm afraid to run the wrong one.. I guess I couldn't cause anymore harm at this point. I'll give that a shot thanks for the info.

OP
The White Weapon
Reaction score
update: tried running an ESD20 sbf that i got from peteralfonso.com through rsd lite and it ran the whole update, all of the checksums worked, but it failed and i got this error message "failed flashing process. phone [0000]: error when switching to BP passthrough mode (0x7BE) phone disconnected."

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did the phone reboot during the flash?

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stuck? For how long?

OP
The White Weapon
Reaction score
Stuck? For how long?

Well, it will stick at the M logo for a minute, reboot and go back to the M logo and keep doing that for as long as i leave it on (20 minutes, 30 minutes, etc.). it will stick at the "software update" screen for all eternity too.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah you have to "catch" the boot. The D1's never boot back to Bootloader like they are supposed to. Once rsdlite tries to reboot, have the keyboard out and get ready to hold up key.

OP
The White Weapon
Reaction score
Either it worked or you gave up haha :)

it didn't work. I never have a chance to catch the boot because it never attempts to reboot. when it finishes doing it's checksums or whatever, it says that it's switching to BP pass through mode then my phone makes a sound that plays when i disconnect any external devices, so I figured that was when I had to catch the reboot, but it never even tried to reboot.

Am I doing it wrong?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What version of rsdlite?

I've only used 4.6.