Stuck at M. I'm a noob at the droid 2.

dredhead407

Reaction score
Ok let me just tell you guys what happened. I am pretty experienced at doing root stuff with my droid. I rooted my cousins droid 2 for him so he could Ultimate Droid like I am once it came out. So last night, since UD for droid 2 for ultimate droid wasn't out, I put the fission rom on for him. He was already on super clean 2.4.5. I think what I did wrong is that I wiped the system partition because I'm so used to doing that on my droid. So the end result is, all I get to is the motorola symbol and it never goes away unless I do a battery pull. So I know I'm pretty much soft bricked you could say. Is my only option using rsd lite? If so can someone post the drivers and full sbf for the droid 2? Is there an sbf that I can use to stay rooted? Thanks for your time. Oh and he let me keep his droid 2 so I can fix it once I come back from school around 2.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
D

dredhead407

Reaction score
Please guys I really need help.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have the droid 2 but this guide should help you, look at post 3. The videos shown are for the x but everything other than the sbf file will be the same. Droidforums doesn't support sbf file hosting so you need to search for the proper sbf file but it should be easy to do that, google is your best friend.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/91760-droid-2-hacking-rom-install-class.html

The rest of that post should help you get rooted again if you chose to do so. I would say leave it stock and have him do it himself, you don't want to be responsible for messing his phone up.

OP
D

dredhead407

Reaction score
I don't have the droid 2 but this guide should help you, look at post 3. The videos shown are for the x but everything other than the sbf file will be the same. Droidforums doesn't support sbf file hosting so you need to search for the proper sbf file but it should be easy to do that, google is your best friend.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/91760-droid-2-hacking-rom-install-class.html

The rest of that post should help you get rooted again if you chose to do so. I would say leave it stock and have him do it himself, you don't want to be responsible for messing his phone up.

Thanks for the link and something was telling me this whole time that I should just let him learn for himself and do all that stuff like I do on a daily basis for my og droid.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Word of advice -- advise but do NOT root anyone's phone for them. If you do and something goes wrong YOU are responsible. But more than that, if they don't learn for themselves what they're doing and the risks involved then you're going to get a call every time something goes wrong. :)

OP
D

dredhead407

Reaction score
yeah lesson learned. Once I sbfed the phone back I just left it unrooted its not worth the trouble to take care of other peoples rooted phones because they are to lazy to learn.