stuck at droid eye! Verizon says there's no android os and they have never seen that?

mastenbrook1

Reaction score
my phone was acting up the other day and wouldn't open some apps and if it did they would just flash up and crash then i took my phone out of my pocket and it was dead! finally i got to boot up only to get stuck at the droid eye! i went into recovery and formatted/erased everything and that didnt work at all! so i brought it into verizon and the people there said it wasn't showing that it had an orating system on it (not sure how they checked that) and i have tried everything to put one back on it from the stock build through the sd card to what seems like every program from rsd lite to androd took and and even matt's program to droid razr m utility but nothing works! i can get it into recovery and fast boot and everything like that but i have no idea how to install the android os or if it can even be done!? the phone is a
Motorola droid razr m xt907 any help would be great!! ill look around the forum for more info i just signed up and havent looked to see if anyone eles has had this problem

OP
M

mastenbrook1

Reaction score
and it was not rooted or never tried to root or ulock or do anything crazy with it it just started acting funny and now the above post will tell the rest

OP
M

mastenbrook1

Reaction score
i have tried that although im not sure how to go about installing them to be honest! i have tried using sd card and going to install from external device and tried installing them through rsd lite both say fail at the end. why is it so hard to put an os on a phone? with rsd lite under device properties everything says n/a

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fastboot is run through adb (Android Debug Bridge) which must be setup on your PC and your phone put into fastboot mode.

OP
M

mastenbrook1

Reaction score
yup i have tried adb but ill give it another go! i am starting to think it is something physical if its not something physical its going to be soon when i slam it into the pavement!

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you have adb running do

Code:
adb devices

To ensure the device is recognized

1mattwade

Reaction score
my Droid 4 never came out of the sys. update. Stuck @ eye. Took in to store. Was told no solution, couldn't boot into recovery even. Don't wanna give up yet. Not sure what I'm doing. A link to some sorta 'Safe Mode' info would be greatly appreciated.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
I may end up bricking my phone tonight. I'm going to RSD back on my Moto X, but my whole phone is encrypted.

Texted while driving (hands free) on my Moto X.

OP
M

mastenbrook1

Reaction score
that didnt work for me at all is there something im not doing right i tried all the stock roms and none worked it says unknown boot command (getver) what does that mean??

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
I may end up bricking my phone tonight. I'm going to RSD back on my Moto X, but my whole phone is encrypted.

Texted while driving (hands free) on my Moto X.

Good luck. I am sorry to hear that. That's a brave decision. If it works congrats. If it does not, sorry.

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Look for houseofmoto. This will fxz for you.