stuck at bootloader

steelersfan

Reaction score
ok so basically I tried to sbf with the tbh app from the tbh toolbox and when i did it said installation aborted. Then I tried to install my nandroid backup. when I did it said it loaded but then when I went to reboot recovery it got stuck at the bootloader screen.

So from here can i sbf back to stock?
I was looking here xda-developers - View Single Post - Motorola Droid 2 Bootloader and 2.2 Stock SBF's and wanted to know if installing these would work?

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
ok so basically I tried to sbf with the tbh app from the tbh toolbox and when i did it said installation aborted. Then I tried to install my nandroid backup. when I did it said it loaded but then when I went to reboot recovery it got stuck at the bootloader screen.

So from here can i sbf back to stock?
I was looking here xda-developers - View Single Post - Motorola Droid 2 Bootloader and 2.2 Stock SBF's and wanted to know if installing these would work?

U have to wipe data/cache. U should have done that before u rebooted.

RubiX Focused DX

OP
S

steelersfan

Reaction score
ok so i wiped data before i tried the sbf but then it said installation aborted.. i didnt wipe before the nandroid backup... so what do i do from here. I tried to hold x at the start up but it wont go anywhere. it just goes straight to the black bootloader screen.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
You install RSD Lite on your computer, and use that to flash the SBF on your D2. So the SBF file is on your computer, you connect the D2 in boot loader mode, then run RSD lite, it finds your D2, you load the SBF file in RSD lite and flash it to your D2.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK. So, use rsd lite 4.9 (look online for it). Install that on the computer. Make sure you have the latest drivers from the motorola site. Use the full sbf file! Extract it to the desktop. Put the phone in bootloader. Open rsd lite 4.9, the phone should say ok to program. Plug it in. It will or should show up in rsd lite as s flash or something (as long as it says connected). Now go to the box that looks like (...) click it and find the extracted sbf file. It will show up on the right side of rsd lite. Now hit start! Let it ride. When its done it should reboot and you'll be good. If not, it will ask you to manually reboot. OK, do it. If it bootloops, boot into stock recovery by holding power and x. Wipe data and reboot. That will take care of the bootloop

Droid 2 zombiestomped v1.71

Last edited:
OP
S

steelersfan

Reaction score
ok thanks, I'll have to wait till i get the full sbf file to download then I can sbf w/ rsb lite.

OP
S

steelersfan

Reaction score
OK. So, use rsd lite 4.9 (look online for it). Install that on the computer. Make sure you have the latest drivers from the motorola site. Use the full sbf file! Extract it to the desktop. Put the phone in bootloader. Open rsd lite 4.9, the phone should say ok to program. Plug it in. It will or should show up in rsd lite as s flash or something (as long as it says connected). Now go to the box that looks like (...) click it and find the extracted sbf file. It will show up on the right side of rsd lite. Now hit start! Let it ride. When its done it should reboot and you'll be good. If not, it will ask you to manually reboot. OK, do it. If it bootloops, boot into stock recovery by holding power and x. Wipe data and reboot. That will take care of the bootloop

Thanks, this made it easier to understand. Is there a difference between rsd lite 4.8 and 4.9? thanks

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. PM me if you want and ill send you my number. Call me and I'll talk you through it if you want. Happy to help.

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score

Thanks, this made it easier to understand. Is there a difference between rsd lite 4.8 and 4.9? thanks

Yes 4.9 is the most recent release of rsd lite and certain bugs and issues were fixed from prior releases

RubiX Focused DX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So after we got off the phone last night, how did everything go?

OP
S

steelersfan

Reaction score
I was able to get it back to stock when i did the sbf this morning. I just re-downloaded the file and it worked. I bootloped but just did that wipe data from the android guy. Just one question.