stuck at boot screen need help

dyl.moore

Reaction score
my phone gets to moto duel core and does not go any farther. i only have stock recovery and my battery is to low to use rsd .

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not much you can do. You need to get that battery charged. Borrow a friends phone with the same battery etc.

OP
dyl.moore

dyl.moore

Reaction score
thats what i was thinking but i dont know any one with same battery. does any one know where i could find a just the charger for the battery.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
dude, that sucks. I feel for ya. I was there once, but thankfully my wife has the same phone, so I stole her battery! lol

check your local independent cell phone stores or google (just have to wait longer)

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
You can buy a battery charger. You can always just walk into the VZ store and ask them if you could trade for a charged battery, of course you might have a hard time explaining why... ;) Not much to do without that battery! :frown:

Cdjones187

Reaction score
my phone gets to moto duel core and does not go any farther. i only have stock recovery and my battery is to low to use rsd .

If you haven't already figured something out this may help, if you have an extra usb cable laying around.

You will need: RSDLite 5.5

1, My bat. was dead so I had to do wire hack. waited about 30 min.
Code:
[B]If you have a spare USB cable that you don't care if you never use it again:

Cut it in half, and strip the sheath from the cable on the end that usually plugs into the computer

Cut the white and green wires off (or white and blue)

There should be two remaining wires, red and black, strip them so there is just the actual wire (the metal strands)

Now look at your battery, there will be four notches, in it, one will be marked (+) and one will be marked (-)

Fold the wire inhalf from the red wire so it is a bit thicker, and just twist it a bit so it hugs itself, SLIDE THE RED WIRE INTO THE SLOT MARKED (+)

Fold the wire inhalf from the black wire so it is a bit thicker, and just twist it a bit so it hugs itself, SLIDE THE BLACK WIRE INTO THE SLOT MARKED (-)

Use some tape to make sure the wires don't touch each other and are secured in place, then, plug the USB plug into your computer

the battery will start charging, it will take about 2 hours to fully charge, it is almost impossible to overcharge the battery as they have a built in overcharge protection circuit.

*intermission music*
~ about 2 hours later ~

Congratulations! Your battery is charged! You can now do stuff that you need a charged battery for.

WARNING I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING EVER PERIOD[/B]
2, did not have stock cord so when I used the files I downloaded from Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
3, I extracted Files.
4, So I fallowed this TuT cause I did not have stock cord.
Code:
Instructions for use with RSDLite

1. Charge phone to at least 50%.
2. Install RSDLite.
3. Extract the fastboot zip file.
4. Open RSDLite.
5. Turn off phone.
6. Slide out keyboard and hold down M and Power button.(this will get you into Boot Mode Selection Menu)
7. Use Volume DOWN button to scroll the list down to "AP Fastboot".
8. Use Volume UP button to select "AP Fastboot".
9. Connect Droid 3 using stock usb cable, if possible.(you should see your phone in RSDLite now)
10. Click on the "..." button, navigate to the .XML file that was included in the ZIP and select it.
11. Click "Start", it should take 5-10 minutes

I WAS DONE!!!! :)

Credit:

I Give Credit Were credit is due. If I left you out please contact me!

Bat. Hack xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] Droid 3 bricked wont charge

RSDlight TUT - [SBF] Droid 3 Fastboot files (5.5.959 and 5.6.890) - RootzWiki

ROM download - Fast/Easy unbrick - Droid 3 (XT862) - xda-developers

Last edited: