Streaming Video Player Info

trackman1

Reaction score
I tried playing a app that was streaming live video, but the playing was blank and showed at the bottom jwplayer and then dissappeared....My question is do i need this jwplayer app?..or is there some other app that I could use?.....thanks

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I tried playing a app that was streaming live video, but the playing was blank and showed at the bottom jwplayer and then dissappeared....My question is do i need this jwplayer app?..or is there some other app that I could use?.....thanks

I didn't know what JWPlayer was, so I googled. JWPlayer for PCs seems to be a video player that can play HTML5 and Flash videos, both of which Android should be able to handle. Perhaps you need https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.flashplayer

*E2A* Note not all web browsers support Flash, Chrome in Android doesn't for an example.

On the Android Market JWPlayer is a Jehovah's Witness Podcast player. Which if that is what you are trying to watch perhaps it is necessary.

If what you are trying to watch isn't against the rules of these forums (family friendly, not illegally streamed), and you don't mind sharing whatever it is you are trying to watch, you could try linking it and see if one of us can get it to work on our device.

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
lol...not all it is is a dog track app to watch live racing on it..when i go to start live video it shows up blank

the reason why I said jwplayer was because it showed that on the bottom then dissappeared....so i thought that was the player i needed..

So what player would I need to view the streaming video from the live feed of the dog track???????
thanks

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
update i have tried flash player as well as media apps...still does not show streaming live video.....any other ideas what app to try????

thanks

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
Please Help I have tried vlc players . media players, Flash player...nothing allows the video to stream.....
on the dog racing site

Thanks

marleyinoc

Reaction score
Searched for jwplayer streaming then Android on their site. Looks like there may be hope as there are many threads.

http://www.longtailvideo.com/search/google_cse_adv/android

It's a customisable flash container for streaming video... as such there may need to be additional code added by webmaster to facilitate playing on mobile devices and or you may need to look at the page source code to get the media type and url... If it turns out to be something like windows media encoder puts out you may be sol.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Searched for jwplayer streaming then Android on their site. Looks like there may be hope as there are many threads.

Search | LongTail Video | Home of the JW Player

It's a customisable flash container for streaming video... as such there may need to be additional code added by webmaster to facilitate playing on mobile devices and or you may need to look at the page source code to get the media type and url... If it turns out to be something like windows media encoder puts out you may be sol.

Ah, yeah I didn't investigate it too far. That would perhaps put a kink on things if this is indeed true. I figured it was just an .swf player basically.

trackman1: If you want me to look into the specific site, to see if I can figure out how to get it to run, you can PM me the link. I will see if I can get her to run on my phone.

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
Thank you so much, as far as the link I dont know what.. it is the app is Palm beach kennel club app..and one of its features is that you can view live racing..when i click to view it as I said it just shows a blank screen when I press the play arrow...and on the bottom shows briefly jwplayer and fades away.....I tried flash player and that didnt work either..

I really do appreciate the effort....

Is there a site to get jwplayer for free????

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
Quick question....i found a jwplayer.zip file ....if I open it it solid explorer...would it install it????

Thanks

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much, as far as the link I dont know what.. it is the app is Palm beach kennel club app..and one of its features is that you can view live racing..when i click to view it as I said it just shows a blank screen when I press the play arrow...and on the bottom shows briefly jwplayer and fades away.....I tried flash player and that didnt work either..

I really do appreciate the effort....

Is there a site to get jwplayer for free????

Alright, so this is one of those apps that you should have read the play store reviews before installing. The app is broken and hasn't been updated since July 29, 2011. That's a pretty good indication that the Dev has abandoned it for now.

In simple terms, no matter what you do, you're not going to get this app to work until the dev fixes it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

marleyinoc

Reaction score
trackman1 said:
Quick question....i found a jwplayer.zip file ....if I open it it solid explorer...would it install it????

Thanks

I'm betting the club switched how they capture and stream. They use limelight (if you go to http://www.pbkennelclub.com and click the live stream it tries to open llnw_*) which last time I used only used ...wma for live streams... basically windows media encoder streams the feed. As far as I know no one either licenses it for android or it just won't work on Android. Work arounds in past was to view on a pc via a remote app.

The co I work for ended up moving to a cdn that uses flash but is working on html5 solution that should work on iOS or Android. But it's slow coming...

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys..I do appreciate and do apologize for not reading the reviews...I did contact the site and they told me that there are technical issues that they are looking into the resolution

again thanks for all your efforts

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys..I do appreciate and do apologize for not reading the reviews...I did contact the site and they told me that there are technical issues that they are looking into the resolution

again thanks for all your efforts

Awesome, good luck. I hope they fix it and you get it working.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2