Streaming Music Skipping

lenstoner

Reaction score
I have an original Droid on version 2.2.1. I haven't allowed an upgrade because I've rooted the phone and I'm afraid that I'll lose the root. I have Rhapsody and Pandora apps that I've used since I've owned the phone. In the past I've had the infrequent occurrance of music skipping in the middle of one track to the next. It never happened in Pandora, so I just figured it was a Rhapsody problem or the Verizon network. I would either check for an upgrade, reboot the phone, or connect to an available wi-fi network and the problem would be resolved. Over the past week, I've been having this skipping problem with both Pandora and Rhapsody and nothing I've tried will resolve the problem. And it doesn't happen all the time. It just seems to happen after I've been listening to music for a few hours. Someone suggested that I perform a *228 to apply upgrades, but will that destroy the rooting? Considering how difficult it was to root this thing 2 years ago and that I'm a few months from purchasing a 4G phone, I really don't want to go through that again. I don't know if it matters but I'm using ROM Manager 5.0.0.6. Thanks for any suggestions.