Streaming movies

dannynap

Reaction score
Can you use ur Droid 2 with ur blueray player as a wi fi connection to stream movies from Netflix to ur tv

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

chris215

Reaction score
yes by connecting through the 3G Hotspot

OP
D

dannynap

Reaction score
I guess u need a router or built in wireless wi fi in your blueray player? Is there any way to do it through the USB port? Sorry I'm not that up to speed on these things.

chris215

Reaction score
I do not know if it can be done via USB port. I connect wireless through the Hotspot using our Wii to watch Netflix.

OP
D

dannynap

Reaction score
trying to stream netflix with my droid 2

Is there a way to hook ur blueray witha router to use ur Droid internet connection to stream movies. I don't have a internet connect coming into my house so I want to use the Droid internet connection.?

chris215

Reaction score
Yes.

How to Connect Blu-ray Player to Wireless Network Each Blu-ray BD Live (Profile 2.0) player provides an Ethernet port (RJ-45) and optionally a wireless LA (typically wireless-G) for network connection. To add wireless to a player without one, or to upgrade a built-in wireless, you need a device that may be called by many different names including Bridge, Acc Point Client, AP Client, or Gaming Adapter. (Computer network adapters will not work with players they cannot run the network adapter software.) The devices that will work with Blu-ray players have th following features: Ethernet port (Rj-45) connection Own power supply since Rj-45 port doesn't provide power Operate without software except for configuration Can be configured on a computer and will retain their configuration through power cycling Technically oriented folks may also want check out OpenWrt and DD-WRT projects which provide ope firmware to convert any supported wireless router into a wireless bridge or an AP Client.

I suppose (I've never done this type of connection) you will then need to utilize your phones 3G Hotspot and connect the router to the Hotspot.

chris215

Reaction score
It's not a supported device, yet.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
You can stream Netflix to your Droid 2. I read up on different options like that but I cannot seem to find the site showing what can be done.

I think if you just have certain Remote apps you can be able to stream medias back and forth. Including Netflix.