Streaming movie apps to ps3?

Droidfreak3333

Reaction score
I have two applications that i have on my droid phone one is tv shows streams and movie streams both from same creater but i wanted to know if theres a way that i could stream the movies or tv shows from my droid phone to my playstation 3 so i can watch them on my big screen tv?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Which phone do you have? AFAIK you will need one of the newer ones with HDMI out to do this. You wouldn't need to use the PS3 at all if your tv has HDMI in.

OP
D

Droidfreak3333

Reaction score
hello i have at&t droid inspired and rats i have the older hd tv that dont have the hdmi in it but for my tv its mitsubishi 1080 but it was before they came out with the hdmi's in the newer hd tvs. so is there a way to by pass this and still get it to work?

OP
D

Droidfreak3333

Reaction score
But my phone has hdmi in it though cause they just came out with them

OP
D

Droidfreak3333

Reaction score
ok thanks so once i set it up how do i get it to play on tv? or can i try doing it through the playstation 3?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
just as a hdmi

ok thanks so once i set it up how do i get it to play on tv? or can i try doing it through the playstation 3?

use your hdmi out cable from phone to this cable than to tv and just use as it wsa a hdmi cable . noit sure how the phones out hdmi work. just got g2x but waiting for the right cable i ordered a mini instead of a micro :(. you may also need an extention adapter to connect your micro hdmi from phone to the cable i posted if thats the way you are going.

dont know how you would connect to ps3. if your talking usb on phone and not hdmi thats a differnt thing. the ps3 has no hdmi in.
you need to have a phone that has hdmi out and has hdmi mirroring which all do not so youll need to check those things out also. what phone do you have.

Snow02

Reaction score
You can't go through the ps3. You need to connect the phone to the tv.

OP
D

Droidfreak3333

Reaction score
ok i have at&t android inspired ok what about if i connected to pc and streamed to tv? cause i dont think i can connect the hdmi to phone?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
ok nope

ok i have at&t android inspired ok what about if i connected to pc and streamed to tv? cause i dont think i can connect the hdmi to phone?

ok i looked up that phone i take it its the inspire 4g. no hdmi out. so no you cant do this . dlna is a cool feature that you can do through the ps3 to tv but only files on the phone it(dlna) will not do streaming from internet. so you can not do what your asking with that phone sorry.