Stratosphere Review

Discussion in 'Samsung Stratosphere' started by PapaCat, Oct 22, 2011.

1. PhDCow

PhDCow Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've had mine since Wednesday and I'm very happy. I just came off of a defective Razr and, believe it or not, I like the Stratosphere more. It's weight and thickness remind me of my old EnV Touch, which I loved. It feels secure and substantial.

I'm done conditioning the battery and I got 13 hours yesterday with moderate use of phone, texting, e-mail, camera, and games. The speakers are great and Pandora sounds almost as good on it as when I use my home speakers.

I made the investment yesterday and got the Zagg screen protector for it. Other than that, I'm going naked. I may get a case because I'm very protective of my phones, but I like that the back has texture to it to keep slipping to a minimum.

Overall, I'm glad I made the switch.

2. CadBane

CadBane New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on my second one, so far, so decent I guess

Though Friday evening, I had to reboot the phone because it got to a point to where I literally could not make phone calls. Every time I tried to call someone, would get an earful of static. A reboot cleared it, still don't like it happened. Oh, also, had to do a hard reset the day I got the replacement. Was getting an error on my AOL email claiming my login credentials were wrong, but it wouldn't let me remove and readd the account. Wouldn't let me remove any of my email accounts.

Not exactly about having to do a hard reset that fast. And that phone still won't sync email between my phone and computer at all. Haven't had all the network dropping issues. Got a zag cover from the begining. I like it a lot. But if I keep the phone, am getting a case anyway. My phone fell out of my pocket last night. If it hadn't been for the Zag, would've gotten scratched up. So I feel like I need a case if I'm gonna keep it.

3. PhDCow

PhDCow Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I tried one of VZW cases and it made it, um, weird. The power button was hard to reach and the whole phone just felt off as if the keyboard kept sliding out on its own.

I'm going to go through my box of change purses and other small pouches and put it in there. I carry a ton of crap in my purse and I want it protected even then.

4. frozty

frozty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this phone for a week right now.
    I'm a bit disappointed in this phone right about now. :( I can't play GTA III or Deads Space. I ran benchmarks and its only a tad bit faster than my OG droid rooted at 1ghz :[
    Any one using their stratosphere for gaming?

You guys think this phone may be able to be tweaked a bit?

Search tags for this page

calibrate samsung stratosphere

calibration samsung stratosphere
droid stratosphere reviews
how do you calibrate a samsung stratosphere
how to calibrate a samsung stratosphere

how to calibrate samsung stratosphere

samsung stratosphere sucks
samsung stratosphere touch screen calibration

stratosphere phone review

stratosphere phone reviews