Strange Samsung Tablet Shows Up on Geekbench with High-End Specs

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
CHopin-LTE-geekbench-score.jpg

It can frequently be a gold-mine to navigate the benchmark websites in search of future tech treasure. Today's example is a brand new Samsung tablet with some fascinating high-end specs. The device with the internal codename, CHOPIN-LTE, hit the Geekbench website with the following remarkable internals:
  • Android 5.1 Lollipop
  • 4GB RAM
  • Intel Atom x5-Z8500 (a a new chip based on the 14nm Cherry Trail platform - includes four cores clocked at 2.24GHz and 8th generation Intel graphics)
Not much else is revealed about the new platform from Sammy, but its Geekbench score is solid with 1005 points in the single-core test and 3425 points in the multi-core test. These scores are not really any better than the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, but since we don't know the resolution of the display it is a bit misleading.

We will keep an eye out to see if we find out anything more concrete on this device.

Source: Geekbench

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
could it be note 5?? geez i might be wrong..

Seems the processor relative to the Note 4 scores indicate a larger screen (tablet)....unless they've done something stupid like increase the Note to a 6"+ 4k display.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems the processor relative to the Note 4 scores indicate a larger screen (tablet)....unless they've done something stupid like increase the Note to a 6"+ 4k display.
Where are you seeing screen size? I don't speak geek so it might be right in front of me is why I ask.
Thanks.
If it's a tablet I hope it's a new Note tablet.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4