Strange recent popups asking for login info

cromag.rickman

Reaction score
It started happening last week (it's only happened twice). The first time it was asking me to login to gmail. The popup window looks like an standard Android window, except the background is dark gray (I have the Vanilla theme). The second time it was asking me to login to Facebook (and didn't give me an option to cancel, there was either login or logout). Both times I had not been in either of those respective apps, nor logged out or changed settings of any kind.

I've never experienced popups like this before and I'm curious if anyone has seen the same. Is it an android 2.2 feature? Maybe I have some malware? It's strange because they're opening by themselves, and their not full windows but popups like you would see coming from Handcent.

Of course I never entered my info into those apps, but cancelled the popup when I could and or restarted the phone. I wouldn't mind them if I just knew what was causing them.

Downloaded a malware/virus scanner (lookout) and it found nothing.

Anyone else experienced this? I'm on a Verizon Motorola Droid 1, with Froyo 2.2 on a Custom ROM Bugless Beast Version 0.5. Before everyone blames the ROM, I've been running it for months and this is a very recent problem.

Apps I've downloaded recently are a Droid Firewall app (a likely suspect) but I deleted it right after I started seeing problems thinking it was the culprit.

A little nervous here...
thanks in advance!
D