Strange Razr Maxx Charging Problem

Moki_B

Reaction score
I plugged my RM into my car charger and inadvertently left it plugged in for about 12 hours. When I unplugged it, it displayed 100% charge and I used at as usual. Messages came through, I sent some emails, made a couple of phone calls, etc.

About an hour later, I picked it up again to make a phone call, and it showed that the battery was at zero! I immediately plugged it into the wall charger and let it sit for about an hour, but when I checked it, it was still at zero. I had had something similar happen with a previous android phone, and I had made a 'factory cable' and brought it back to life. I went ahead and altered one of the wall chargers that came with this phone, and opened up the back and hooked it up. I let it charge for about 2 hours, but when I picked it up to see how it was doing, the battery was warm, but it was stuck at the Motorola logo. I tried the volume down/power, volume up/down/power and tried to go to recovery, but when I selected recovery, it jumped back to the logo. I tried BP tools, same thing, jumps right back to the logo. I disconnected the cable, and plugged in the regular wall charger and tried again, but the same thing. I was unable to get back to the battery charging screen. Then I went back out to the car and plugged it in there. I reset and tried to start it in safe mode. It started up, and I got to my home page for about 3 seconds, then poof! back to the Motorola logo. I seems that it is 'intact' and yet I can't get it to stay on or stay charged, at least with what I have tried so far.

I just put it back on the stripped down cable and I guess I will let it sit overnight and see what happens. In the meantime, I'm hoping someone might have some suggestions just in case it doesn't charge. I don't really know too much about the repair/boot options available on the Android other than recovery / clear cache... so if there's something there that would be helpful, I'm all ears. Thanks!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
jump starting the battery like you did is only recommended for short periods of time. overnight is way too long.
there is a very real risk of the battery leaking or exploding.

OP
Moki_B

Moki_B

Reaction score
jump starting the battery like you did is only recommended for short periods of time. overnight is way too long.
there is a very real risk of the battery leaking or exploding.

Thank you for the comment. I did not leave it overnight afterall. I let it 'charge' for about 4 hours, but still nothing. Then I just put it on it's regular charger for the night, but this morning it still only went to the Motorola logo.

Might you have any other information that might help me with my problem?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i wish i could help you but whats happening just doesnt make any sense.
leaving it on the car charger for any amount of time shouldn't matter, if the battery was in fact dead why would it boot at all or go to the moto logo, even more odd why does it keep kicking you back to the moto logo from anywhere.

so, did you try to put it in "ap fastboot"? if it wont stay there, im out of guesses. sorry