Strange Problem

jerryc41

Reaction score
I've had my Droid X for about a month, so I'm familiar with how it works. Two days ago, I could make and receive calls, but there was no Voice communication. I would dial a number, and it looked like it was working OK, but I never heard anything - not even the other phone ringing. When someone called me, the phone would ring, and I'd answer it. I couldn't hear the caller, and he couldn't hear me.

I tried it from 9:00 a.m. till about 10:00 p.m., using my home phone. The call would go through in either direction, but there was no voice reception in either phone. I did not even hear the ringing noise in the earpiece of the Droid when I called a number.

Yesterday, it worked fine. Maybe I should have turned it off and let it reboot. I asked at the Verizon store, and they had never heard of that happening.

Any ideas?

Jerry

Flight Level

Reaction score
My phone has done this a few times after turning it on. The power off and on procedure gets it working. I contacted Verizon and the tech had me do a factory reset so we'll see if it fixes it. I have seen this problem mentioned in the Android Forums.

OP
J

jerryc41

Reaction score
Thanks for the Info

When our TV cable box isn't working right, we have to unplug it and then reboot. I guess I'll have to keep that in mind with the Droid.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm with ya, had it happen myself. I would call someone, wouldn't hear it ring, hang up and they would call me back saying "what the heck?" When I answered, I couldn't hear them but they could hear me. Guess if it continues too much I will get a new phone. But doesn't happen enough.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk