Strange mail phenomenon?

Ansa82

Reaction score
Does anyone know why would a recent email position itself at the bottom of my email list (like its old when in fact its new) and dates like December 1969 show next to it?? this happens daily. I thought it was just with Disney emails but nope... this morning its happened with a keurig confirmation email I got after placing an order. I read it and it went to the bottom of my email list and date shows as 12/31/1969?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Are you using a Razr phone? What OS version are you on? What email APP are you using?

BanditRider

Reaction score
The date/time in a UNIX/Linux system is maintained as a count of the number of seconds since midnight on January 1, 1970 so it sounds like a date field somewhere is getting cleared or reset to 0 (or -1). I can't say where it's happening.

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
Sydman said:
Are you using a Razr phone? What OS version are you on? What email APP are you using?

yes I'm using a razr...android 4 ICS
Email is AOL

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
BanditRider said:
The date/time in a UNIX/Linux system is maintained as a count of the number of seconds since midnight on January 1, 1970 so it sounds like a date field somewhere is getting cleared or reset to 0 (or -1). I can't say where it's happening.

interesting... Its kind of strange. ive had issues with aol mail before... Wonder if this is another strange aol thing?

Reaction score
I get the same thing periodically but the emails are always blank and I am using Comcast email account. I had the same thing happen when I had my original Motorola Droid. I am using the stock email app.