Strange issue

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Trips555, May 2, 2011.

1. Trips555

Trips555 New Member

Ok, not sure if this was brought up (haven't seen it) and not even sure if its THIS Rom, it's the only one I've noticed it on, but about once a day my screen becomes really unresponsive. It's often preceeded by a rapid vibrating, then everything (the screen animations, programs) just run INSANELY slow. It fixes every time with a reboot, but it's just really strange. At first I thought it was my sd card getting corrupted because I was using SWAPPER2, but I turned SWAPPER2 off and it still happens.
    Again, when this doesn't happen, it works flawlessly... and it only happens like at most once a day (occasionally no times a day), but it's really annoying. I tried a full wipe, reinstall and the same thing. Any ideas? I really did this Rom so I don't want to give it up, but I'd hate if that happened at an important time. It doesn't happen at a predictable time, like early in the day or later in the day, or early in the boot or later in the boot. Just randomly, like once.
  2. jchammer123

jchammer123 New Member

I have not heard of that at all. I would try another rom just to see if it still happens. If it does it may be your phone, not sure though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. Trips555

Trips555 New Member

Ok, I THINK I may have an idea what was causing it. It occured to me that it may be the kernel, since I was using Chevy's quickly created kernel with smartass thrown in.... not sure if anyone else uses it, but it occured to me that may be causing it, since the behaviors do suggest it's ramped down (moving extremely slow) and possibly not coming up... so I redid the kernel and haven't had it since, but the problem WAS daily, and it hasn't been a full day, so who knows...
    Another semi issue, but could be a settings issue, anyone having trouble turning the screen on during a call? Mine shuts off really quickly when the call starts and I can't get it back on until the call ends... it's like LOCKED off...
  4. jchammer123

jchammer123 New Member

This is a stupid question but, are you sure you're not covering the light sensor?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. Trips555

Trips555 New Member

Ok... so just in case this applies to anyone else, changing the kernel did solve the problem (or at least I'm 1+ days with no repeat) So if anyone gets any weirdness, assume that the ROM is great (cause it is) and just try a new kernel.
  6. drust

drust New Member

sounds very familiar.... did the volume go to a higher then usual pitch?
    only fixed if u pull battery?

i lost my touch screen after a while and had to get a refurbished.
    sad to say the refurbished does not handle ulv kernels

its not the rom