1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Strange issue with V0.2.1 FRF57 BB

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by JLangevin, Jun 24, 2010.

1. JLangevin

JLangevin New Member

Ok, so I am running this ROM and my phone will run just fine. I do stress test for an hour using SetCPU and no issues or errors. However after a few hours of usage, the phone will turn off, lock up, or simply do nothing.

Thinking it was my Kernel (P3 7 step) I switched back to Team Chaos FRF57 with same kernel and no issues what so ever. I like how much snappier my phone feels with BB (not to mention a benchmark over over 1500!!! however not sure why my phone keeps freezing.

My phone is very light on widgets and apps.

Clockwork
    SP Recovery
    Astro
    WiFi Tether
    The Typical benchmarking apps

Widgets:
    Beautiful Widgets
    Facebook
    SetCPU

Anyone have any info for a newbie? BTW, this is my first post... Im a long time lurker, for time poster. Thanks in advance!
  2. JLCollier2005

JLCollier2005 New Member

Try taking off the SetCPU widget. That's what my problem was a while back, they say they fixed it but I still can't have the active widget on my home, even the other widget for them slows my phone down. I know a lot of times different apps (or widgets) react differently to different phones.
  3. JLangevin

JLangevin New Member

Would this widget completely freeze the phone, and even cause it to turn off all together. Not a reboot, but a complete powerdown.
  4. trowa

trowa New Member

I had this problem and removed the widget. I still randomly have the problem. Even more so on Jrummy's and Chevyno1 2.2 roms. I think it is just a 2.2 thing.
  5. JLCollier2005

JLCollier2005 New Member

For me, the widget was actually causing my phone to freeze up and black screen. It wouldn't turn off, but I couldn't get it to respond to ANYTHING. There were no lights on at all, even the LCD would stop blinking. I had to do a battery pull to start my phone up again. It also caused other apps to FC a lot, I think due to the fact that the phone was soo slow. Again, they said they had fixed this problem before but it still happens on my particular phone with SetCPU updated.

On a side note, when I first updated to BB 0.2 (without wiping data from 0.1), I got some bad side effects, such as the phone resetting and turning off on it's own, the screen not responding fast enough (I'd press the on button on top to bring it out of sleep mode, and it would take 10+ seconds to come out of sleep), etc. I just recently did a full wipe install of 0.2.1 and didn't have those problems, but ran into other problems that made me go back to my backed up 0.1 for now. So your problem could just be something with FroYo. With official ROM's coming out soon, I'd just wait it out, maybe restore and old backup that works good until then.
  6. RobStemen

RobStemen New Member

Perhaps you're accidentally pressing the camera button and power button at the same time. It's very easy to do and happened to me often. Go ahead and rm /system/(x?)bin/shutdown
  7. droiddadi

droiddadi New Member

I have this same issue but I don't have setcpu widget. I opened the browser it just shutdown.

I have already removed shutdown scrip earlier. So no ideas why it happened but it happened after a week of running BB 0.2.1
  8. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

I was having the same problems...
    First i reflashed the Rom, cleared my data and cache three times. Then I removed setcpu...removed the shutdown script...edited the virtual memory. Since I have not had a single random reboot.....I guess it just didn't flash right the first time.
  9. dvst8

dvst8 New Member

I've noticed mine was rebooting like this and when I made sure all apps were "Moved to Phone" and not stored on the SD card it cleared up.
  10. campah

campah New Member

I have the same issue with random reboots since installing .21. Figured it's the price to pay for bleedin edge.

I'll try these suggestions though.
  11. Zataru

Zataru New Member

This was also happening to me, what I did was similar to dvst8.
    I moved just Twitter, and Facebook to phone. (Every time I rebooted my phone they would require me to resign in too, so that went away also) I also deleted my SetCPU widget, I didn't uninstall, just removed the widget. Lastly I deleted the shutdown (Power and camera) and I haven't had a random reboot for about 3 days now, which is great since it used to happen 1-2 times a day. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you which of those things actually fixed it, since i did them all at the same time.
    BB Froyo V0.2.1 using P3 1250 kernel.