Strange issue - reboot causes apps to lose settings

SeanRinVA

Reaction score
I've experienced a strange issue 3 times in the past two days. My phone will reboot - for some reason end up in Recovery - and when I reboot out of Recovery, it comes up with all apps installed, and nearly all of the non-Google apps will have lost their settings - including whether I've accepted their ToS.

I haven't the first idea of how to troubleshoot this issue. Just thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone else is experiencing it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've experienced a strange issue 3 times in the past two days. My phone will reboot - for some reason end up in Recovery - and when I reboot out of Recovery, it comes up with all apps installed, and nearly all of the non-Google apps will have lost their settings - including whether I've accepted their ToS.

I haven't the first idea of how to troubleshoot this issue. Just thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone else is experiencing it.

I don't have an X and a lot of what I say here is a combination of either my own personal experience with the D2 and reading what other X users have said.

First, this booting into recovery thing seems to be fairly common, I see a lot of people posting about it. It did it to me on my D2. I believe that either in the Bootstraps or Clockwork something is not quite right. I took my D2 back to stock, removed the bootstraps and I still booted into recovery.

It appears that the only thing you can do about it is to sbf and then, if you want, try to root again and see if everything works ok this time. Personally I went back to stock because I didn't like the idea of faulty software being on my Droid however YMMV.

I can't explain the apps issue. That I haven't seen but it wouldn't surprise me if it's related.

OP
SeanRinVA

SeanRinVA

Reaction score
I think I know what's been causing my reboot into recovery. I've been running my phone's battery down to shutoff to condition it (it's only two weeks old). It seems that this reboot to recovery happens once I turn it on after a dead battery shutdown.

I just did a normal shut off, wait and power up and it booted up as normal.

Since installing Liberty 1.5, I haven't seen the reboot and loss of app settings. Hopefully 1.5 resolved that issue.