strange issue on aokp any help welcome

marion37303

Reaction score
OK I am running milestone 5 aokp and from time to time my phone will reboot and shortly after the reboot it will go to the activation screen like when you first setup your phone and when you click next it goes directly to the home screen with no other known issues.....so its not a huge problem but is very odd. Any ideas?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Are you using the stock kernel? Are you modifying settings for kernel? (OC, undervolt, OCGPU)

Really just guessing here though.

OP
M

marion37303

Reaction score
I haven't changed the kernel from the one that come with m5 and no setting changes on it other than loading a theme. I am almost certain the problem was present before the theme was loaded. Thanks for the ideas. All ideas are welcome

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Were you using bluetooth? Or even had it on? I've had that problem with some roms.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
M

marion37303

Reaction score
Well I do use my Bluetooth a lot but I don't recall it ever happening when the Bluetooth is on.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you do a clean install (wipe data/cache/system/dalvik) prior to installing m5 or did you do a dirty install (no wipe)?

OP
M

marion37303

Reaction score
I done a clean install wiping everything. I am starting to think it may be an issue with my phone itself because it seems to happen when I plug it into the charger.....not every time but I do seem to find it is more likely to do it when I put it in charge.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well you can test if its your phone by switching roms and seeing if it still happens.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Have you looked at logs to see if you can find the problem?

OP
M

marion37303

Reaction score
Yeah I'm thinking of changing roms to see if it still happens but can't pull myself away from this system I really like m5 a lot. And as for checking logs I wouldn't know where to start or even where to find them. (Never said I knew a lot about this) if some one can tell me how to get to the logs I would send, hem to someone to look at unless some one can give me the basics of what to look for.

Reaction score
Droid-Xer said:
Did you do a clean install (wipe data/cache/system/dalvik) prior to installing m5 or did you do a dirty install (no wipe)?

+ 1....and lmao @a dirty install..

Reaction score
marion37303 said:
Yeah I'm thinking of changing roms to see if it still happens but can't pull myself away from this system I really like m5 a lot. And as for checking logs I wouldn't know where to start or even where to find them. (Never said I knew a lot about this) if some one can tell me how to get to the logs I would send, hem to someone to look at unless some one can give me the basics of what to look for.

I would do a factory reset..do a full clean wipe..flash M5 and Franco's kernels M3

Reaction score
marion37303 said:

another thing try flashing the current Gapps version... http://goo.im/getmd5/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip..hope any of this helps..

cubuff

Reaction score
Reflash it and make sure you wipe! Lol. The roms awesome though, hopefully you can get it fixed.

OP
M

marion37303

Reaction score
Reflash it and make sure you wipe! Lol. The roms awesome though, hopefully you can get it fixed.

I just recently updated to the lastest build (35 I think) and done a complete wipe and all and it is still doing the same thing. It seems to be a fast reboot also not a full shut down and reboot. I have also noticed that it seems to do it every time I take it off of charge....but not as soon as I unhook it. It always takes it five or ten minutes after I take it off the charger then it will just reboot. I haven't tried to put it back to factory to see if it might be a hardware problem but the timing seems to make me think its not.