Strange Issue, Need help (I'm not really a noob)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by aggiechase37, Jul 18, 2011.

1. aggiechase37

aggiechase37 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In anticipation of the D3 (and giving my D1 to my mom) I took out the SD card and put it in the D3, ordered an 8 gig card and put it in the OG. Since the OG's new 8 gig had nothing on it, I went ahead and put the GPA16 zip I intended on installing through the computer, then put it in the OG, booted into clockwork recovery, data wiped 3 times, and ZAMO! Can't find the zip files on the OG.

Worse, cannot boot the phone up with the 8 gig in. When I take the 8 gig out I can boot up, get to the activation screen, which I tell to skip, then it says it force closes and boots into what I'm guessing is Android. Thing is, the only thing there is the notification panel, and the phone is basically frozen right there.

I've tried formatting the SD card in the computer, and sticking it back in OG, but that just bootloops on the Droid eye. I can get into recovery with the SD card in or out, but can't get to the zip files. For reference, I'm using a Sandisk 8 gig, microSD hc, that I believe to be a class 2. Here's the link to it on Amazon:

Amazon.com: SanDisk microSDHC 8GB Card with SD Adapter (SDSDQ-8192): Electronics

So I'm at a loss. Anyone have any suggestions? I could probably just go RSD lite and go all the way back to stock, unrooted. But I'm not sure if I can even do that. Pretty sure I'm not bricked considering I can boot up (albeit to a blank screen with a notification panel) so I would like to figure this out.

Help please! My and the OG have been through lively times. I'd hate to see it go to the grave!

2. aggiechase37

aggiechase37 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone want to help out???? Come on guys!

3. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,819
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    Strange indeed. Have you tried booting up a backup or did you get rid of them off the old card?

If you don't have one, or it doesn't work I would just use rsd lite and try and format the card in the phone if you can.

end of line...

4. aggiechase37

aggiechase37 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, no nandroids. Admittedly I was all excited about the D3, and didn't do a real stellar job of up the things I should have before formatting the old 16gig before it went in the D3. So basically I have no nandroids.

Seems like I should be able to reinstall GPA16 or something, cause I can get into recovery no problem, but recovery can't see the zip files, or any files for that matter.

5. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Can you take the 8, put it in the D3 and format it for use, then either put the files on it there or do it once its in the D1?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. aggiechase37

aggiechase37 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's not a bad idea. I'll try that tonight when I get home or when I wake up. I work at the hospital. Hopefully that will work!

7. aggiechase37

aggiechase37 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well that didn't work. Looks like I'm going to RSD lite.