1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Strange icon in notification bar

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by spat01, Feb 3, 2012.

1. spat01

spat01 New Member

What looks like a talk bubble with three dots in it appeared in my notification bar today, almost like some sort of instant message. When I pulled it down to open it and tapped on it it wouldn't open. Alls it said was "(email address) wants to..." I couldn't read the rest because I couldn't open it, so I dismissed it. This is the second time i've had this odd thing appear and i'm not sure where it's coming from. The first time it happened it was someone else's email address and it said "yo!", again I couldn't open it or respond. I've went through my apps and I can't figure out whats installed that would do this. Any thoughts? Thanks!
  2. ktklein72

ktklein72 New Member

Do you use the IM+ messenger app? I do and when someone from MSN/WLM requests to be on your friend list I get the same/similar notification.
  3. spat01

spat01 New Member

I don't use that app. Could that be something that is installed in the background without me knowing? My droid is rooted so if I know what I'm looking for I can freeze it
  4. ktklein72

ktklein72 New Member

I'm really not sure then. Perhaps you can post a screen capture next time it happens.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
  5. silver6054

silver6054 New Member

It's Google Talk I think. My daughter started using it and it confused me the first time! You can go to the Talk app in your applications drawer to see the messages and interact
  6. spat01

spat01 New Member

hmmm no not that either. checked my apps, don't have it installed. thanks anyway!
  7. SFGate

SFGate New Member

I recently got a strange icon shortly after I reactivated my phone. I could not stand the suspense so I called the provider. Strangely, they were helpful. The CSR I talked to couldn't find the answer, so she talked to someone else and called me back when they figured it out.
  8. sm6520

sm6520 New Member

Its google talk but its called Talk on ur app menu. I use this app all the time.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page
android weird notification icon
box with 3dots symbol on address bar
droid unltra talk bubble icon
droid x balloon with three dots
speech bubble notification
strange notification icon android

talk icon android

talk icon on android

talk icon on android phone
talk symbol on android