strange hang prob

pfranklin

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Looked for other posts on this but nothing came up.

This has happened twice, once trying answer a call and once on the trace security screen... my droid hangs and I get the following message

Sorry!
Acivity Phone (in process com.android.phone) is not responding.
Force Close. Wait.

So I push force close and the problem goes away. It's not a big deal, really. Minor inconvenience, but would like to see if anyone here has any ideas why and how to fix. Thx!

ldimick

Reaction score
This message indicates that the application is having a problem. However, the message can be a bit deceiving. In my experience (limited) it can be caused by either the app it reports or by another app misbehaving. The app that caused the most problems for me was Locale.

The only real way to pinpoint the exact cause (culprit) is to shut down all other apps and add them one at a time until the problem reappears. Generally it has been my experience that apps that try to interact with other apps, such as Locale, cause more problems than standalone apps such as most games.

Good luck!

PS Locale shows such great promise that I am willing tro put in a lot of time to figure out how to work around the issues it gives me. After all, it is still listed as a beta product.