Strange D2 screen behavior fixed

danwanna

Reaction score
Disclaimer, I am not suggesting that anyone try what I did since I don't fully understand why it worked...

I've been having strange issues with my D2 screen. I would frequently have issues scrolling between home screens and often pull down the notification blind by accident when interacting with other areas of the screen.

I have been having this problem since day one but I didn't worry too much about it and assumed it would get fixed with a future ota. I later rooted to remove some bloat but decided to remove root so that I could exchange the phone. After reflashing my phone using the following instructions (xda link) the problem completely went away! I didn't even perform a factory reset, but it is night and day different.

I was also having some issues where my phone would switch to 1X mode for no apparent reason and lose connectivity. I'll have to test that more tomorrow, but I am hoping that issue is fixed as well.

Did I just have a defective flash from the factory?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
might have. some small part in the software might not have installed properly and was causing problems.

glad to hear u got it working right! let us know how it goes

OP
D

danwanna

Reaction score
Update: Things are still good today. The screen is still working like it should and I haven't noticed any signal drops.

Reaction score
Is this only when charging or all of the time? I am trying to figure out my problem, so far I have it narrowed down to: 1. charging via usb on my laptop, 2. With hardcase on.

When either if those are missing, like wall charging with or without case, or removing the back of the hardcase while it usb charges my screen is fine.

However, when I am usb charging with my hardcase on, the screen is crazy. I can't get a long press because the screen thinks im quick pressing, and forget about pinch zooming a website.

Please be specific about when this occured. Glad you got it sorted though.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
D

danwanna

Reaction score
The screen issue I described occurred when I wasn't charging and I never use a case. I rarely use my phone when it is charging, but I do remember seeing it happen once or twice when in the car dock and connected to the car charger.

The only issue I have now with the screen is that it occasionally jumps two screens when I am trying to move over one. I don't know if that is a screen issue or something related to the launcher, but it doesn't bother me much so I haven't spent any time looking into it. I don't seem to have any issues in other apps or with the notification bar.