Strange crash with new nexus

Namrepus221

Reaction score
I just bought my nexus a week ago. Today at work i was chatting with a friend while waiting for a youtube videovto buff while on break. I put the phone down for a second and the screen went black, but didnt go to sleep. There was a line of purple pixels across the screen so i started to get worried. The screen started fading to while as i tried tovget my case off and pulled the battery. I put the battery in after a few seconds and tried rebooting the phone. Everything is fine. No lines the screen is fine.

What im wondering is what the crap happened and is my phone fine. I havent dropped it or treated it roughly or anything.

soulshot96

Reaction score
Mine has rebooted and the screen has turned off and not came back on before. Just glitches. Should be resolved with an update. Nothing to worry about unless it work turn back on even after a battery pull. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

OP
N

Namrepus221

Reaction score
Well when it went to black with the lines i hit thw power button a few times and thats when it started going grey and fading from black to white slowly. There were tons of little black spots as well. Like if soneone photographed concrete or denim and then removed the color and turned the contrast up.

OP
N

Namrepus221

Reaction score
It did it again. This time it was in the middle of playing angry birds. Screen froze and black lines appeared then rebooted completely. I even heard a click when the screen locked up. So that might have been the game crashing along with it.

I seriously hope this is only software not hardware. I do not want to take this back I have to get a new one.