Strange bootloop issue

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Deckster, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Deckster

Deckster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I turned my phone off last night and when I tried to turn it on this morning I encountered bootloops. I was running 4.4, did multiple wipes coming from 4.3, and it seemed stable. It did reboot whenever I tried to update Advanced Lie Detector, but that's not a big issue.

The weird part is that sometimes it booted fully and showed me a glimpse of the home screen, before rebooting again. I tried switching to the 800 MHz medium voltage kernel (I had low) but to no avail. My last backup is two days ago, but of 4.3, although with 4.5 out soon that may be ok.

2. jomama22

jomama22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the "just at home screen after boot" reboot a few times as well. To be honest, if the phone was running fine yesterday, I would let it boot loop for 5 min and see if it doesn't fix itself.

A lot of threads have people changing kernels to no avail which makes me think it is a different problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. tmac7607

tmac7607 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did the 3 wipes coming from 4.3 to 4.4. Once I get everything looking and working the way they should and then reboot to perform backup of any kind. I get freeze up and boot loops when I do a normal reboot or backup.

4. Deckster

Deckster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I let it reboot for a few minutes and nothing changed. But I think I can manage until Chevy stops teasing us and releases 4.5

5. dboss007

dboss007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same issues when using BKAPPS on another ROM before I wanted to install SS4.4. Once I restored a ROM that didn't have BKAPPS I didn't have any issues. I will say that while on SS I've not had these problems so it could be something else...