Strange behaviour on Milestone after installing CyanogenMOD

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by andoruB, Oct 4, 2011.

1. andoruB

andoruB New Member

For some reason, I have tried to flash a different rom on my Milestone and now it's not working properly anymore. Most of the apps malfunction, especially the ICS Launcher. Whenever I want to start the Market, it crashes ICS (reporting: "The application Ice Cream Sandwich 2.4 (process mobile.SyndicateApps.ICS) has stopped unexpectedly please try again"); nothing installs from the Market in the android browser; I can't back up my data from the previous ROM (due to not being able to install the specific application for that task from the market), I can't sync with google (says "Unable to open connection to server"), music player always stops when I multitask, and as a cherry on top, now I can't access recovery mode. Whenever I try to do that it quickly flashes two images, first the one with the exclamation mark in triangle, then the scond I can't identify, then the phone simply shuts off. What should I do now? The patching and update went just fine. The changelog of the CyanogenMOD says "iceandfire-v3.2-Milestone", but I'm not sure of the version of the mod itself. What can I do to work around this issue (especially in making the recovery work again) or where could I have gone wrong? The rom works very well and I was surprised of the features it's offers and the speed of it compared to the stock ROM of the phone, but it's just the above problems that makes the phone almost unusable.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I followed this video and installed the ROM that was suggested in the video comments here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=63FVDF_V5PI
    The only thing is that in the video the guy mentions Android 2.3.3 and my phone reports 2.3.5 instead.
  2. Droid-Xer

Droid-Xer DF Super Moderator Premium Member

The ics launcher is still very buggy. That could be the issue.
  3. andoruB

andoruB New Member

So then, how do I get rid of it? How do I also fix the recovery mode issue?
  4. Droid-Xer

I'm not sure. Do you have a working link to the vid or better yet, a link to the rom you installed. Cm7 is AOSP and installs with ADW launcher as default normally.
  5. andoruB

andoruB New Member

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  6. Droid-Xer

After you installed the ROM, did you flash the gapps as well? If so then did you use titanium backup to restore apps+data?
  7. andoruB

andoruB New Member

How exactly can I flash if I can't access the Recovery menu?
  8. Droid-Xer

You should've flashed the gapps the same time you flashed the rom. At any rate, did you restore any apps after flashing the rom? Sounds like you restored stock system apps which is a nono
  9. andoruB

andoruB New Member

I haven't been able to restore anything since I couldn't boot into Nandroid, which is what I used to make the back-up.
  10. Droid-Xer

Have you tried a factory reset in stock recovery? If that doesn't work then you will have to SBF.
  11. andoruB

andoruB New Member

I repeat, I can't boot into recovery, so I can't factory reset. What is SBF and how is it done exactly?
  12. Droid-Xer

If you can't access stock recovery or clockwork then ok. An SBF wipes your phone and returns it to complete stock. Here's some info and the tools you need sbf [And Developers] You will also need rsdlite installed on your pc. I'm not sure which SBF file you need as I am not too familiar with the milestone.
  13. andoruB

andoruB New Member

I tried booting with ClockworkMOD's recovery on the stock and now on the custom rom, but it doesn't work on this model. Care to give me a guideline that I can follow into what exactly I have to do in applying the SBF?
  14. Droid-Xer

You will need to download and install rsdlite4.8 on your PC. Download and unzip the SBF and move the folder to your desktop.

You will have to boot into the bootloader, not sure how is done on the milestone. I'm sure a quick Google search will help. I'm mobile.

After booting into bootloader, connect phone via USB cable to PC. PC should recognize it, open rsdlite, add the SBF file and run it. Should take about 5 minutes and the phone will reboot itself. Should be fine now.
  15. Droid-Xer

16. andoruB

andoruB New Member

My phone says "BootLoader 90.73" but the guide is only for 30.03 or .04. I tried flashing with this sbf and RDS Lite reports "Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (0x703B); phone connected". Did I choose the wrong sbf or did the phone got effed?

EDIT: I've noticed that instead of A853, the phone's model name, S Flash OMAP3430 shows up in the Model section, also this shows up in the device's properties:

IMEI/ESN/MEID: N / A
    Technology: N / A
    Software Version: N / A
    Flex Version: N / A
    Bootloader Version: v0x009073
    DRM Version: N / A
    AP Die ID: 1c1002087c6c0304000000000400
    BP Die ID: 0000000000000000000000000000
    AP Public ID: 532332c684491b561fe4e0aa69a03c857016f4e3
    BP Public ID: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  17. Droid-Xer

18. andoruB

andoruB New Member

That would have sounded like an awesome idea, just that not even that works, and also what I've noticed being weird at RDS Lite is that when it tries to reboot the phone, the progress section goes up slowly, but when it reaches 100%, status changes from "In progress" to "Please power up the phone manually", instead of showing "PASS". Is this normal?
  19. Droid-Xer

Yes thats normal. If it goes to 100% and doesn't reboot, just reboot while the phone is still connected. It should work. If it bootloops, then pull battery and boot into stock recovery and wipe data, then reboot and it should be fine.
  20. andoruB

andoruB New Member

My bad, I haven't made myself clear, I meant that the phone reboots, but boots directly to OS, still showing that message in RSD. When I try to power off the phone and then power it on with the camera button pressed, the recovery screen (with the exclamation mark in the triangle) zaps then dissapears after a few miliseconds.
Search tags for this page
com.android.phone has stopped milestone cyanogen 9

phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file