Strange battery issues

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Art Vandelay, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    OK, not sure what is causing this, so I come to you.

My battery indicator in the status bar has a question mark and doesn't give a reading of what it is. If i go in to about phone and status, the battery status is unknown. I battery monitor widget and it displays the battery life.

It seems like sometimes the reading will just show back up. I reboot and that doesn't always work. I plug it in to the charger and the question mark remains. When plugged in, the tiny led doesn't light up, but in my battery monitor widget it says AC plugged or USB plugged, so I think its charging.

When the % remaining does show, it often will just shut down at like 50% or 30% without giving a low battery warning.

I haven't flashed anything new. I did get a new battery from amazon ($5 special) and that's what I'm using now. I worked great in the beginning and these issues only popped up maybe after 2 weeks with the battery. I just tried wiping cache and that didn't do anything. Also, battery seems to be draining faster when phone is idle.

See sig for my setup.

Sent from OG Droid sporting SS5.4 w/HoneyGingerComb and Chevy's lv1.25ghz kernal

2. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Heres some more info. Phone was at 20% according to battery monitor widget (both the status bar icon and in settings/about phone/status displayed ? or unknown) while it is plugged in to the PC. The led light by the microusb was not on and i shut the screen off to. Went to turn the screen back on maybe 10 min later and the M came up, it never fully booted back up, and now the phone is completely off. The led light is now on, but I cant boot my phone up.

I dont have access to a wall charger at the moment. Hopefully im able to boot it back up soon.

3. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Not that anyone responded, but I'm thinking its the cheap-o battery i got from amazon. I plugged my phone in to the car charger and it turned right on, but the led charging light does not come on. The phone is not taking a charge when on and of course plugging the phone in automatically boots the phone up when there is enough charge so it is impossible to charge he phone while keeping the phone off.

I have the old battery at home, which I will try much later tonight.