Strange battery issues have been lurking me...

Jung136

Reaction score
I have a Verizon Wireless Galaxy "Nexus" that is running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and I have been having strange battery problems. It started when I dropped my phone once on pavement (thank goodness, no real physical damage) but the thing was, the battery dropped from 60% to 0% instantaneously. Well so I charged my phone up and continued to use it with no problem. Fast forward 2 weeks to this afternoon and I was in the middle of a call and I had about 40% battery when my phone shut off and attempted to reboot. after 3 minutes the phone seemed to be bootlooping so I pulled the battery and attempted to turn it on. It turned on for about 5 seconds and it just shut off again. So I tried again and but time it turned on successfully but said I had 1% battery remaining. So I plugged it in to my portable charger but usually it charges to about 80% before the charger runs out of battery but this time it only charged to 40%. Should I replace the battery or is this some other type of issue? Included below is a screenshot of the battery level today. Can someone help me out?

View attachment 55523

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Replacing the battery would be a start. If that didn't work, I'd try wiping /data and /system from recovery and then re-installing your ROM and gapps. If that STILL didn't fix it, I'd fastboot the stock images to it and see if that fixes it. And if that fails to work, I'd say it's a hardware fault.

OP
J

Jung136

Reaction score
Replacing the battery would be a start. If that didn't work, I'd try wiping /data and /system from recovery and then re-installing your ROM and gapps. If that STILL didn't fix it, I'd fastboot the stock images to it and see if that fixes it. And if that fails to work, I'd say it's a hardware fault.
the thing is that the battery is quite pricey and so i want to make sure that it is a battery problem before putting down the $$$ for a new battery

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
the thing is that the battery is quite pricey and so i want to make sure that it is a battery problem before putting down the $$$ for a new battery

Try the other options I listed first then. I got my extra battery when the extended batteries were half off.